"A" and "The" missing from artist/album/song names

Title is hopefully self explanatory. I use MediaMonkey to sync to the Clip Zip, but it something keeps changing the names of the tags. For example, in MediaMonkey it would show “The Offspring”, “A Wilhelm Scream” like it’s supposed to, but on the Clip Zip it shows them as “Offspring” and “Wilhelm Scream”. I used to have a Clip+ and this never happened.

I would just like to know if there’s a setting (on the Clip Zip or MediaMonkey) that I haven’t noticed yet, though I’ve looked quite thorougly. I know it’s a rather minor problem, but I like to be exact about file names and tags.

@siftyfix56 wrote:

Title is hopefully self explanatory. I use MediaMonkey to sync to the Clip Zip, but it something keeps changing the names of the tags. For example, in MediaMonkey it would show “The Offspring”, “A Wilhelm Scream” like it’s supposed to, but on the Clip Zip it shows them as “Offspring” and “Wilhelm Scream”. I used to have a Clip+ and this never happened.

I would just like to know if there’s a setting (on the Clip Zip or MediaMonkey) that I haven’t noticed yet, though I’ve looked quite thorougly. I know it’s a rather minor problem, but I like to be exact about file names and tags.

That’s a new feature that was added in the latest firmware update.  It has been oft requested by users and there’s no option to turn that feature off, as far as I know. 

Ah, okay. It does make sense to sort everything that way. Still, I figured it would still show the full names of everything. As long as it’s an actual feature and not something wrong, I can live with it. Thanks for the explanation.

I wish it was an option, not a mandate.  I still think of the first word of a song or album, even if it’s “A” or “The”.