MP3 Tags and titles...

I have a clip and am trying to get this tag thing straight. In my music list, some of my songs show up alphabetically as: BAND NAME - SONG NAME and some of my songs show up as the SONG NAME only. I am trying to utilize mp3tag to get them to all show up as BAND NAME - SONG NAME and have not had any luck. Any direction would be appreciated! Take it easy. SP

Firmware version is 1.01.20A

Message Edited by sansaclipper on 03-31-2008 07:16 PM

Message Edited by sansaclipper on 03-31-2008 07:28 PM

If you haven’t done so, take a look at the MP3Tag Help, under [Convert Tag-information from and to filenames](file:///C:/msobel/Mp3tag/help/main_converter.html).  That discusses each of the conversion options and also has links to the parameters you may use in converting your filenames and/or tags.  That may do the trick for you, depending on how your files are organized.

If you want to get your tags in order then check out MediaMonkey, its free and the sync function works perfectly with the clip.

greetings from Germany

David 

MP3 Tag works pretty well for that.  I haven’t tried Media Donkey yet.

Message Edited by Jay_Dee63 on 04-01-2008 12:28 AM

Thanks guys…In mp3tag, my tags read as follows:  ID3v2.3(ID3v1 ID3v2.3) . Does this sound right? 

Cool. The Sansa likes ID3v2.3 tags without Unicode characters in the names.

Bob  :wink:

@miikerman wrote:
If you haven’t done so, take a look at the MP3Tag Help, under [Convert Tag-information from and to filenames](file:///C:/msobel/Mp3tag/help/main_converter.html).  That discusses each of the conversion options and also has links to the parameters you may use in converting your filenames and/or tags.  That may do the trick for you, depending on how your files are organized.

You linked to a file on your hard drive *snicker*

Message Edited by cydewaze on 04-01-2008 09:36 AM

Actually, there wasn’t a live link there–but that’s the topic name within the Help selection in the program.