4G Fuze + 8G card, playlist size max?

I have a 4G Fuze.

I placed a 8G card in.

What’s the max number of songs per playlist?

FW 1.1.22

@lee88 wrote:

I have a 4G Fuze.

I placed a 8G card in.

What’s the max number of songs per playlist?

FW 1.1.22

The GoList, the built-in list on the Fuze, has a maximum of 200 songs. As far as ones you build elsewhere , I am not sure. Someone else here will know though.:smiley:

Other than the Go list I have not hard a Max file limit for a playlist. How big were you plainning to go? There have been some who have mentioned having problems when their playlists got to around 500 songs, but I would think that when you are trying to add that many files plus the playlist file things are bound to be tough.

Depends on the playlist format.

.pla format = 250 entries (songs)

.m3u format = no limit (but some have reported problems when exceeding +/- 600 songs)

I thought the .pla was to be raised in 1.1.18 and again in 1.1.22??

@lee88 wrote:

The go list was raised from 50 to 200 in one of the last 2 updates.

@lee88 wrote:

Could be. But there’s nothing in the change logs about it. The GoList increase that Marvin mentioned is though.

I can’t keep up with everything! :wink:

250 was the original limit for pla, it got bumped to 1000 in a previous FW.  I forget which one, but it was the same one that fixed the slow/infinite load times for large m3u playlists.  As mentioned, there is no limit for m3u.  I have a couple m3u playlists over 600 songs and they work perfectly.

Message Edited by Skinjob on 02-23-2009 06:15 PM

@skinjob wrote:

250 was the original limit for pla, it got bumped to 1000 in a previous FW.  I forget which one, but it was the same one that fixed the slow/infinite load times for large m3u playlists.  As mentioned, there is no limit for m3u.  I have a couple m3u playlists over 600 songs and they work perfectly.

Seems I remember reading something about that. Wasn’t it in a Clip f/w update? Did they incorporate it to the Fuze as well?

Geesh! It’s hard to keep all this stuff in my head. It kinda blurs together now & then. :wink:

I have a 4G Fuze with no additional card.

I have also experienced the problem of an otherwise valid playlist showing “empty” on the my FUZE.

It appears to me that the limit on m3u playlist size is NOT related by the number of songs.

After a bit of experimentation I have determined that the limit appears to be related to the size of the text contained in the entries in the m3u file. If the m3u text size exceeds 32K (32,768) characters the playlist will show as empty. Truncating the playlist to less that 32K and the playlist displays properly.

FW 2.1.17A