2 questions of a new owner

Hi there,

since yesterday I am the owner of a black sansa clip 2gb due to the good reviews and words it got here.
I have two questions though:

1. The Volume and Power button is veryl loose and wobbles if you shake the whole device. I guess this is normal?

2. I heard a lot about the discharge problem, so I was very curious if I had a good one. When I unpacked it and powered it up the screen showed 1/4 of the battery bar which I took for a good sign. The firmware was the .18 one, so it may be that it was packed by Sandisk not too long ago. When I plugged it to my computer and bootet to Vista the properties showed a charge of 49%. I then fully charged it which took approximately 5 hours. Afterwards Vista showed 100% charge. I then disconnected it and left it off for 12 hours over night. When I checked the charge in Vista then it showed 98%. Is this normal or do I face a small dicharge problem?

Regards,
fladd

Left a response over at AnythingButIpod …

I have seen it, thanks!

If there are the same people haning around in both forums I should have posted it only in one of them :-) 

@fladd wrote:
Hi there,

since yesterday I am the owner of a black sansa clip 2gb due to the good reviews and words it got here.
I have two questions though:

1. The Volume and Power button is veryl loose and wobbles if you shake the whole device. I guess this is normal?
  1. I heard a lot about the discharge problem, so I was very curious if I had a good one. When I unpacked it and powered it up the screen showed 1/4 of the battery bar which I took for a good sign. The firmware was the .18 one, so it may be that it was packed by Sandisk not too long ago. When I plugged it to my computer and bootet to Vista the properties showed a charge of 49%. I then fully charged it which took approximately 5 hours. Afterwards Vista showed 100% charge. I then disconnected it and left it off for 12 hours over night. When I checked the charge in Vista then it showed 98%. Is this normal or do I face a small dicharge problem?

Regards,
fladd

I can hear my volume and power button shake if I listen closely.  I think that’s normal.

The 98% thing is funny.  I had to exchange my first two Clips due to self discharging batteries, so I was very particular on examing my third one.  My Clip will drop from a 100% to 97% overnight without use, but will not drop lower than 97% without use.  It caught my attention at first, but after getting almost 17 hours of playtime while holding its charge for at least a couple weeks (haven’t checked it over that), I decided it was nothing to worry about.  

Well, at least there is no huge discharge problem. I used the clip for 1.5 - 2 hours yesterday, such that the battery indicater dropped one pixel. Then I left it off over night and after 12 hours it still shows one pixel less than full.