16GB SanDisk Cruzer SDCZ36-016G Not working with desktop?

I recently got a 16GB SanDisk Cruzer SDCZ36-016G that I’ve been trying to get working with my Desktop computer running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.

The issue I’m having with getting this working is that while my disk shows up in Device Manager and appears to be properly working, it isn’t actually working. In Device Manager it appears as SanDisk Cruzer USB Device under “Disk Drives” and it also appears as F:\ under “Portable Devices”. The issue is that when I plug it in and when both entries in device manager show the drive as properly working, Disk Management refuses to see the drive and while it’s trying to recognize or initialize the drive it’ll cause browsers to freeze and the system to act poorly until it’s removed. Every now and then I’ll notice that the F:\ entry for the drive will come up as “Device Cannot Start” error code 10.

I can ocassionally get it to work if it is plugged in while the Computer is rebooting, but if I eject or remove the disk and then try plugging it back in the above symptoms come into play, and the disk is basically unusable.

The issue is not the drive itself I do not think because it works fine on other Windows 7 PCs all of which are 64-Bit and it also works fine on Linux based machines. If anyone has any ideas on what could be causing this issue or how to fix it, it would be much appreciated, I’ve tried searching google but it’s hard to find answers to go with my specific symptoms, plus the answers I do fine are always talking about U3 and stuff like that, which my drive didn’t come with. Any help in the right direction would be welcome.

I suspect a security app or rights policy is preventing the system from recognizing the drive.  That’s why it works if plugged if before booting, it’s there before Windows can reject it…