128gb micro sd - not recognised so cannot format

Hello

I bought 1 of these cards from Amazon, to be used with a Fiio X1 DAP, but I cannot format the card to be able to use it.

The DAP simply says “Format failed”. When I connect the DAP to my computer, although the drive is eventually recognised, I cannot format it.

When I put the card into an adaptor and connect to my Windows 7 or 8 computers, the machine does not register that a card has been inserted, so I cannot even try using the apps I have found online (guiformat, SmartDisk_Fat32_tool, SDFormatterv4).

Is it possible that the SD slots on my computers are out of date (I’ve tried an 8gb SD card from my camera, and that loads fine)? If so, is there a product I can buy online that will allow me to connect this 128gb micro sd via usb 2.0, or is it possible that the card itself is corrupt?

I can’t imagine it’s a fake - it was from (and supplied by) Amazon.

Hope you can help!

Have you checked to see if there’s a Windows update that you’re missing that would add the exFAT format to be seen?

I’m on Windows 7 with all updates loaded up to the most recent. I’ve also tried using Windows 8.1 with the same results.

According to MS support exFAT is fully supported.

Neither PC will recognise the micro sd unlesws it’s loaded in the DAP, but neither PC is able to format it in any case.

I’m at a loss to be honest, and think the card must be faulty?

'm on Windows 7 with all updates loaded up to the most recent. I’ve also tried using Windows 8.1 with the same results.

According to MS support exFAT is fully supported.

Neither PC will recognise the micro sd unlesws it’s loaded in the DAP, but neither PC is able to format it in any case.

I’m at a loss to be honest, and think the card must be faulty?

WOW, WITH THE LACK OF INTEREST IN THIS FORUMV I SUPPOSE I'LL JUST RETURN THE GARBAGE TO AMAZON AND BUY A BETTER BRAND!

This is a user forum. it seems you have done all you can with the card. If 2 computers have the same issue it may be faulty. there is not much more you can try with the equipment you have. If you want an answer officially from sandisk contact their support and they will take care of you. No need to get angry and type in all caps we are all just users here. 

Thanks, I underrstand what a forum is. I just find it frustrating that’s all. No apology for the caps, the forum hasn’t been much help or shown much interest in welcoming a new user, or helping with my problem.

I do appreciate YOUR input though.

I just contacted AMAZON they will send me a new one  - mine stoped working , cant format , no deleting + no recording

16 GB micro exreme