Yet another "FAT is corrupted" post

My SanDisk Clip+, when booted, shows this error. I’ve read through these forums and tried various solutions. When I connect the Clip+ to a Windows PC, it will initially give me the same error, however after a few moments it will be show the Connected screen with Sansa to PC transfer graphics. I’ve tried loading into MSC mode but holding down the middle button during computer connection either stops the device from starting or loads into the same transfer graphic. It takes a good thirty seconds to see the Clip+ ( E: ) and my flash card ( F: ). Opening the empty flash card works but it’s very slow. It takes at least a minute to load and copying files is impossibly slow. I haven’t tried copying an entire MP3 at this point – seems like it would take an eternity.

The Clip+ ( E: ) is unrecognizable and not navigatable. I’ve tried using the Windows filesystem check tool and it fails. I tried the DOS utility CHKDSK, but it says the utility is not availible for RAW drives. Disk Management wont load.

I hope this little thing isn’t bricked forever.

@cjg wrote:

The Clip+ ( E: ) is unrecognizable and not navigatable. I’ve tried using the Windows filesystem check tool and it fails. I tried the DOS utility CHKDSK, but it says the utility is not availible for RAW drives. Disk Management wont load.

I hope this little thing isn’t bricked forever.

If the player is showing up as RAW format, it most likely is (bricked). Any chance the player is within the warranty period (1 year - US, 2 years - EU)?

I’d check the warranty here and it is still in it. I also hope that this unit wasn’t dropped. 

Still being sold.