Windows 11 not recognizing SanDisk Flash drive on 2 different PCs

I’ve got a 128GB SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 that’s not being seen in File explorer on 2 different laptops that I recently upgraded to W11: Lenovo Flex 5 and Asus ROG Strix G512. The USB drive was working a few months ago on W10 as far as I remember.
The flash drive shows up in Disk Management and in Device Manager.

Things I’ve tried.

• adjusting the advanced power plan settings so it doesn’t turn off the USB to save power.
    -Going in properties in Device Manager under power management and unchecking “switching the device off to save power”
  • I’ve tried “Updating drivers” and “uninstalling drivers” but there’s no updates and uninstalling doesn’t do anything.
  • All my System + OEM stuff is up-to-date.
    Is this a major bug? Can anyone offer any solutions to this? azarshagle
    Thanks

Hi @kelsey27,

In order to resolve the issue, which you are facing, please refer to the following instructions:

Title: Flash drive is not detected in the system

For Windows: USB Flash Drive or Memory Card Not Detected in Windows
For Mac: USB Flash Drive or Memory Card Not Detected in macOS

If the issue persists, please contact to the respective region for best assistance:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Thanks for the quick reply.

I forgot to mention I already tried that. It says “The operation failed because because the Disk management console view is not up-to date. Refresh the view by using the refresh task”
However, I refresh and it makes no difference.

Hi,

I appreciate that you have performed the troubleshooting steps.

Please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask/

I bought a Lenovo laptop recently with Windows 11. My SanDisk USB does not work right now. It worked fine on my old laptop with Windows 10, but not the Lenovo. The major problem I am having is with “properties” and changing it from “general items” to “pictures”. So my question kelsey27 is were you able to resolve your issue?

If your SSD is causing issues, try using a backup software like EaseUS Too Backup to save important files and EaseUS Data Recovery to retrieve lost files. Consider contacting SanDisk’s customer support if your SSD is still under warranty. Good luck! SanDisk Extreme SSD Failure: Tips to Prevent from Further Damage