window 8 and Sansa Fuse

Where is the link on your website to load the software for Sansa Fuze v 02.03.31A player that I have.  When I downloaded the installer it said it was not compatible with my version of windows which is a Windows 8 64 bit.

Don’t bother with the Updater. There won’t be any more updates. I wish SanDisk would rewrite that post and just take the links down.

All you need to do is get the firmware itself.

In your Fuze, go to Settings/System Settings/Info. You may already have the latest version–1.02.31 or 2.03.33. If you do, no need to update.

If not, look at your version–whether it starts with 1 or 2. There were two lookalike Fuzes–version 1 and version 2–and you need to get the software for that version. Version 2 is not an update of Version 1–it’s for a different piece of hardware.

Go back to the firmware update post and look for All Regions, which are links to the firmware itself. Get your correct version.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-Update-01-02-31-amp-02-03-33/td-p/139175

Download the .zip file onto your desktop. Un-Zip it.

Go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode and change it to MSC. Connect it to your computer. Two drives should pop up, one called Sansa Fuze. Drag the files you unzipped–probably two of them–onto the driveletter for Sansa Fuze. Disconnect, and it will update.

“There won’t be any more updates.” That seems unexpected. May I ask the reason why Sandisk will not be developing updates? Pretty surprising for a newly launched OS. There won’t be any more updates.

@austingrd wrote:
“There won’t be any more updates.” That seems unexpected. May I ask the reason why Sandisk will not be developing updates? Pretty surprising for a newly launched OS. There won’t be any more updates.

The Fuze is downright old. They stopped updating it a long time ago.

The Updater finds updates for the Fuze itself, not your computer. And the Fuze firmware is done with updates since they’re not making the Fuze any more.

If your Fuze doesn’t already have the last firmware, you can update it manually.  No one needs Updater any more.

The Fuze should continue to work with Windows Media Player via its MTP mode (Settings/System Settings/USB Mode or Auto Detect if it finds WMP 10 or above on your computer). If some future version of Windows Media Player is incompatible with the Fuze, you can always go back to MSC mode–the basic (and to my mind much much better) USB connection that shows the Fuze as a storage device.