Where can i buy a USB 2.0 transfer cable for my Sansa Clip?

I have lost my cord, and my Clip is out of power, where can i buy a new cord?

You need a basic USB-to mini-B cable, like this (Belkin) sample:

Search Google, for example, with the phrase “Mini-B”.  I have seen them used with HP cameras too.  The original SanDisk cable is pretty solid, and includes an RFI ferrule in the middle of the cable.  Most cables you will find on the Internet will be about 1 meter in length.

This photo (black cable) actually shows the mini-B a bit better

Bob  :wink:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 11-09-2008 12:24 AM

What neutron_bob said, and:

If you own ANY other electronic device that can be plugged into the PC, it might come with such a cable. I have, like, 6 million here, and I’m using the one that came with my cell phone for it, my PSP and my Clip.

Many cell phones and almost all small digital cameras use this kind of cable, so you probalably already have another one.

Nice, inexpensive source for cables (with reasonable shipping); here’s a USB that would work here:  http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030302&p_id=3895&seq=1&format=2.

I also lost my cord and purchased a new one from ebay that “said” it was compatible with my sansa clip to transfer my music but for some reason it won’t and gives me a message that says “it cannot find the phone to complete compatibility”?!?! where can I find a transfer cable like the one that came with my sansa clip that will allow it to charge and let me transfer music and whatnot to it??? help!!

@bella92602 wrote:
I also lost my cord and purchased a new one from ebay that “said” it was compatible with my sansa clip to transfer my music but for some reason it won’t and gives me a message that says “it cannot find the phone to complete compatibility”?!?! where can I find a transfer cable like the one that came with my sansa clip that will allow it to charge and let me transfer music and whatnot to it??? help!!

No special cable is required.  Any old USB A to Mini B cable will work.  You can find these at any store that sells any sort of computer cables, like Walmart or Target.  The cable has a normal USB plug to connect to your computer and a mini USB plug to connect the Clip.  Most small digital cameras and many cell phones use this type of cable, so you probably already have one.

For example: Belkin USB A/ Mini B Cable

As for the “it cannot find the phone to complete compatibility” message, you’ll have to provide more details.  I’m guessing you have some other software running that’s causing the issue, I doubt it’s related to the cable.  Does the Clip appear in Windows explorer?  You should see a “Sansa Clip” item under My Computer if you’re using MTP mode or a new drive letter if you are using MSC mode.

@bella92602 wrote:

Umm, did you read the post directly before yours?  You also can check at any electronics store; Amazon.com; etc., etc.

umm, yes, I did read your previously posted comment but that didn’t explain why it still wasn’t transfering data. I’m not too technically saavy so I realize this posting must seem redundant.

thx skinjob – that helps

Backing up the response given earlier about how camera or generic A-miniB USB cables work.  The one I use for my Clip probably came with my Kodak camera, and also works with my Motorola phone (though not by using Motorola’s own tools, which do require a special cable).