Sansa Clip + cable compatability?

I lost the cable for my Sansa Clip +, and I’m wondering if a cable from the original sansa clip would work? Because I found one on amazon for 2.95, but it doesn’t specify if it’s original or +.

The Clip and Clip+ both use USB mini cables.  Any such cable will work.

I’ve heard some cables just charge the device, while others charge it and allow data transfer, how do i tell the difference?

Perhaps I was unclear, but they’re just normal USB cables.  Any cable with a mini USB connector will work identically to any other.  Theres literally nothing special about them.   Go dig through the box your cell phone or digital camera came in, you probably already have a few lying around.

@ambrosiaplaty wrote:
I’ve heard some cables just charge the device, while others charge it and allow data transfer, how do i tell the difference?

Yep, you’re right–some cables are power only.  Typically, those are marked as such (I got one with a Belkin USB/AC adapter), and are not the norm.  More common and the norm are the power/data cables.  I just make sure that a cable I might buy says for power and data/syncing.

First without trashing san-disk–have and enjoy your other products—I just decided to buy a zip-clip a month or more ago—I took the stubby mini-usb cable out and found it didn’t go in easily/smoothly–and not wanting to ‘force it’ --I tried it, it didn’t work I talked to a very helpful person on the phone  Steven–he,after talking to others and my throughly explaining it sent me another cable —found and tried a cable it didn’t work / fit—I went to the P.A. Fry’s to get another cable it didn’t fit/work—at this point I’m just going to use it 'til it runs out —love to have FM and voice recording --the USB looks ok and not crooked or busted???  maybe I will buy a 2nd e-200 San-disk!!    thanks   maybe someone knows something—bad vendor for mini usb and or Q/C   !!???

I was under the impression that the Zip Clip used a micro USB connector as opposed to the mini USB connector used on the Clip & Clip +.  I could have the terms wrong, but the size on the Zip Clip is supposed to be smaller than the origianl.

Sandisk messed up, and packaged a number of Clip Zip players with a mini usb cable. The player needs a micro usb cable. Those who have this problem should call Sandisk.

@dderskine wrote:

I just decided to buy a zip-clip a month or more ago—I took the stubby mini-usb cable out and found it didn’t go in easily/smoothly–and not wanting to ‘force it’ --I tried it, it didn’t work I talked to a very helpful person on the phone  Steven–he,after talking to others and my throughly explaining it sent me another cable —found and tried a cable it didn’t work / fit—I went to the P.A. Fry’s to get another cable it didn’t fit/work

The ClipZip uses a _ micro _-USB cable, not a mini like the previous Clip+. Sandisk made the decision to go with the micro-size connector as it is quickly becoming the new standard. Most of the new phones, etc. use this size.

There were however, some Zips that escaped the factory with the wrong size in the packaging. Anyone that receives one of these should call SanDisk Tech Support, and they will send put a replacement cable post-haste.

It concerns me though if the replacement you got after talking to “Steve” was also the wrong size. I guess Customer Support didn’t get the memo. :stuck_out_tongue:

thank you MrT—it is frustrating–I am as I think I mentioned;really in electronic knowledge deficit,----I was in Walter Hays School when the ‘new’ Math was a Stanford-Yale program loved it but have ‘learning differences and ADHD’-----but really like my other S/D equip. and hoped to update firmware–use my new zip clip but the enclosed cable didn’t work "fit’ though the size seemed appro. and then the cable they sent me was a ‘no-go’ and the one from my ‘stash’ didn’t fit of the Fry’s that they said would fit—I am 'so over ’ the hassle that it will grow old with me unused—did not want to ‘force it’ and break the fitting on the player but…it has become such a ‘drag’ —if I can rectify this great otherwise…thanks for all the concern and enjoy your Holidays—DDdeE