What are the brands of micro SD cards compatible with the fuze?

What are the brands of micro SD cards compatible with the fuze??

Is Sony compatible?or is sandisk cards the only SD cards compatible? 

thanks,

SR-rox 

As long as the card isn’t defective, any brand should work.

@sr_rox wrote:

What are the brands of micro SD cards compatible with the Fuze??

Is Sony compatible?or is sandisk cards the only SD cards compatible? 

thanks,

SR-rox 

Don’t buy Kingston (search the message forum for Kingston to see why)…     It’s a SanDisk player and SanDisk is one of the patent holders on SD technology,  you won’t go wrong with the leader in SD technologies.

others have had problems with PNY also.   But definitely don’t buy Kingston memory for the Fuze.

I can’t say anything about Sony,  I’m sure they probably work.     But I can’t think they would be any cheaper than SanDisk.

Beings that you are asking this on a SanDisk sponsored forum, and that the player in question is made by SanDisk, and further that SanDisk is the world leader in flash memory technology, what do you think the overwhelming response is going to be?

Hmm?

Let me see . . . could it be . . . SanDisk?

:stuck_out_tongue:

OK, OK any card will work (even Kingston with music files) and some people like to save a buck or two by buying other brands, but you know SanDisk is going to work with SanDisk products!

And with the price falling so dramatically on all flash memory cards lately, you really don’t same that much more by buying another brand anymore. SanDisk brand cards are very reasonable and competively priced these days.

Beings that you are asking this on a SanDisk sponsored forum, and that the player in question is made by SanDisk, and further that SanDisk is the world leader in flash memory technology, what do you think the overwhelming response is going to be?

Hmm?

OK, OK any card will work (even Kingston with music files) and some people like to save a buck or two by buying other brands (even no name ones), but you know SanDisk memory cards are going to work with SanDisk products! I prefer the peace of mind to the few pennies I might save by going with the SanDisk brand.

And with the price falling so dramatically on all flash memory cards lately, you really don’t save that much by buying another brand (or no brand) anymore. SanDisk brand cards are very reasonable and competively priced these days. 

@tapeworm wrote:

Hmm?

OK, OK any card will work (even Kingston with music files) and some people like to save a buck or two by buying other brands (even no name ones), but you know SanDisk memory cards are going to work with SanDisk products! I prefer the peace of mind to the few pennies I might save by going with the SanDisk brand.

And with the price falling so dramatically on all flash memory cards lately, you really don’t save that much by buying another brand (or no brand) anymore. SanDisk brand cards are very reasonable and competively priced these days. 

Agreed 100%.  I usually get my extra memory from one of Amazon retail partners, and I sure can’t complain about the prices.  Just like TW said, why risk a problem with another brand when you know Sandisk’s will work properly.  And I’m not a great fan of King**** anyway…Even their portable USB flash drives have issues…

Don’t buy the Kingston for two reasons :stuck_out_tongue:

1)   Any videos on the external Kingston microSDHC card will lockup due to an incompatibility.

2)   Due to this same incompatibility their write speeds are horribly slow.   like 10 times longer to load your music onto them.

Anyone who wants to suggest they will work with the Fuze for music, doesn’t account for the second reason as being important.     I think both are strong considerations for not recommending them.

If you spent your hard earned money on the Fuze,  don’t try to save a dollar getting an off brand memory.    Electronics that locks up, doesn’t work, is no deal.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Fuze_owner-GB wrote:

~

Agreed 100%.  I usually get my extra memory from one of Amazon retail partners, and I sure can’t complain about the prices.  ~

I am a fan of Amazon,  great prices, fast delivery and super saver shipping (free).   Get the deals where shipping is free.  Some retail partners have shipping charges in addition to the price.

Cheers,

If you have a card that seems not to be working, I would try the tips from this treocentral Centro forum thread.

They include using a Panasonic formatter, and “Windows XP’s Disk Management program to do a full format (not a quick format) with 32KB block size.”

Then please report back as to your results, whether either of these techniques for cards in the Centro also work for cards in the Fuze.

Message Edited by jj2me on 02-14-2009 03:19 PM

@jj2me wrote:

If you have a card that seems not to be working, I would try the tips from this treocentral Centro forum thread.

They include using a Panasonic formatter, and “Windows XP’s Disk Management program to do a full format (not a quick format) with 32KB block size.”

Then please report back as to your results, whether either of these techniques for cards in the Centro also work for cards in the Fuze.

jj2me,  This won’t fix the incompatibility with Kingston memory.   It has nothing to do with cluster size for formatting of the card.   This has been tryed in the past by several people.   I noticed your post to the Kingston thread.    If you would have read the tread you would know this has already tested and did not resolve the issue.

But thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

@jj2me wrote:

jj2me,  This won’t fix the incompatibility with Kingston memory.   It has nothing to do with cluster size or formatting of the card.   This has been tried in the past by several people.   I noticed your post to the Kingston thread.    If you read the tread you know this was looked at and failed to fix it.

But thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Message Edited by niko_sama on 02-14-2009 02:38 PM