Fuze not playing videos stored on the memory card????

Hi all!!!

I have a video playback problem with my new Sansa Fuze (2gb model). Recently, I purchased 4 gb Kingston Micro SD Card for video playback only. The video stored on the card are playable only for few seconds before the player hangs. The problem is persisting. When I transfers those videos on the player’s memory, then they are played correctly and completely.

Can someone give a solution for this problem?

@vineet wrote:

Hi all!!!

I have a video playback problem with my new Sansa Fuze (2gb model). Recently, I purchased 4 gb Kingston Micro SD Card for video playback only. The video stored on the card are playable only for few seconds before the player hangs. The problem is persisting. When I transfers those videos on the player’s memory, then they are played correctly and completely.

Can someone give a solution for this problem?

This is an incompatibility.   There is only one solution.   Return the Kingston memory and buy SanDisk memory.   

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=5849    This thread details the issue.    Kingston cards are not compatible with video playback on the Fuze.

Message Edited by niko_sama on 02-08-2009 09:57 AM

You dont have to buy Sandisk cards. Any Should work but there is a known incompatability with Kingston cards. So Get what you can or what you like but Kingston dont seem to cut it.

I have a 2GB PNY microsd card and it does the same thing with the videos, so i use it for music. so if your looking for a card to put videos on, dont get a PNY either.

I believe (Dont Quote me on this) That PNY Cards are manufactured the exact same was as the Kingston. This may indeed be the issue.

Just to complicate matters, on my Fuze, the 2 gig Kingston cards work fine.  Something is clearly different with the 8 gig cards and MAY be different with the 4 gig cards, as you have discovered.

@blackdog_sansa wrote:
Just to complicate matters, on my Fuze, the 2 gig Kingston cards work fine.  Something is clearly different with the 8 gig cards and MAY be different with the 4 gig cards, as you have discovered.

More than likely the Kingstons implement SDHC in a slightly different way that causes issues on the Fuze, so <4G work fine but 4G+ don’t.

Yeah,you’re better off sticking with the sandisk product.I’ m using a sandisk 16gb in my 8gb Fuze right now     and i’ve got a phenomenal amount of video on the memory card with no problems. 

Message Edited by shmince on 02-10-2009 07:09 AM

@shmince wrote:
Yeah,you’re better off sticking with the sandisk product.I’ m using a sandisk 16gb in my 8gb Fuze right now     and i’ve got a phenomenal amount of video on the memory card with no problems. 

Yeh but If you can get a Lexar for 25% less get that. Sure the Sandisk product is the most fool proof, but they all should work, excepth Kingston and PNY according th this thread.

I like my coffee with half & half, much better than Coffee Mate.  Both methods will make the coffee white, but only one tastes right.

Conclusion?  I’ll stick with SanDisk.  Now where are those biscuits?

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@conversionbox wrote:

@shmince wrote:

Yeh but If you can get a Lexar for 25% less get that. Sure the Sandisk product is the most fool proof, but they all should work, excepth Kingston and PNY according th this thread.

But you can’t get a 16 GB Lexar :P     I’m teasing !!!      Sandisk is quality, your not likely to have issues if you go with their product.   I never thought I would have issues with Kingston memory, but the delay and the hassles of dealing with the incompatibilty, was not worth the cost savings.   >.<

@neutron_bob wrote:

I like my coffee with half & half, much better than Coffee Mate.  Both methods will make the coffee white, but only one tastes right.

Conclusion?  I’ll stick with SanDisk.  Now where are those biscuits?

I like my coffee like I like my mp3 players… BLACK. I dont like to add anything to it… But Since I can Ill take whats on Sale. I got a 2 gig Lexar Micro Card in '07 for $20, the Sandisk at the time as $45 (The Lexar was on sale). Thats All I was saying. Oh and Wat to give me a biscuit craving. Now I gotta go To Bob Evans.

Play videos all the time off of my Transcend 8GB SDHC. No compatiblity problems, no lag, no voice skipping. Got it at Newegg for about $17. Seen it as low as $14 a month ago.

From what I see, the Transcend cards seem to work fine.  With my Sansas, I prefer to stick with the good stuff- I know a SanDisk card will work, like they do in everything I use them with.

Now, if I could get the Extreme logos on the µSD card, and a bit of red splash, now that would be cool.

My daughters love watching _Twister _ For those who have seen it, you’ll remember the Extreme!

Try reformatting using the Panasonic reformatting software as described on this treocentral Centro forum thread.

Alright, I recently bought a 2gb Transcend micro sd card for my 8gb fuze. when i try to put movies/videos onto it they don’t even appear on the fuze but all my music does. what do i need to do?

Oh and btw Twister is one of the films i’m trying to add! Billy is the Extreme!!!

Message Edited by NorrisIsBeastie on 08-16-2009 11:17 PM