want to play my sansa clip mp3 files by folders structure

right now I can’t do it,I need to update the ID3 tad on every one of the files,and it’s not realistic…

is there and software or update than I can use to solve that problem?

It’s an option on the Clip+ but not the original Clip, and SanDisk just doesn’t seem to want to upgrade the Clip’s firmware to allow the option, no matter how much some of us have asked (pleaded …).

A few people have developed programs that you can run that will create a playlist for each of your folders–you might find that useful.  You can search for them here; here’s a couple:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/Automatically-generate-playlists-for-folders/m-p/67892#M23334

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?p=343864#post343864.

You also can Rockbox your player, which then will play by database or folder. at rockbox.org.

@asafa1983 wrote:

right now I can’t do it, I need to update the ID3 tad on every one of the files,and it’s not realistic…

Why not? Others have. personally, I check & edit (if necessary) every one of the tracks I put on my players. And we’re talking in the thousands. I also run each one through MP3Gain to normalize the volume levels.

MP3TAG is a great free little dedicated taggiing program. makes quick work of tagging issues. :smiley:

AsafA1983 wrote:

right now I can’t do it, I need to update the ID3 tad on every one of the files,and it’s not realistic…

Why not? Others have. Personally, I check & edit (if necessary) every one of the tracks I put on my players. And we’re talking in the thousands. I also run each one through MP3Gain to normalize the volume levels.

MP3TAG is a great free little dedicated tagging program. Makes quick work of tagging issues.

It’s only unrealistic if you’re too lazy to do it.

But the hassle also is understandable, if you’re only now adding tags in and have a backlog of all your earlier music–potentially quite a lot of homework to do at one time!

@miikerman wrote:

But the hassle also is understandable, if you’re only now adding tags in and have a backlog of all your earlier music–potentially quite a lot of homework to do at one time!

True . . . so the sooner one gets started on it, the sooner one’ll get done. :wink:

@asafa1983 wrote:

right now I can’t do it,I need to update the ID3 tad on every one of the files,and it’s not realistic…

There is…