Volume issues

Why on earth do I have to turn my Fuze up 1/2 to 3/4 of the way to get decent volume? I have done the recent firmware updates with the European Union requirements “upgrade”. I did reset factory settings , set the player to North America and have volume set on high. I had this same volume problem before the update as well.

It seems the first half of the volume bar is worthless. I have a buddy who has the same problem. He got sick of it and bought the sony walkman. No problems with it. He can set the volume very low on it with great sound.

The main beef I have about this is it drains the battery quick with the volume set so high all the time.

Thanks for the help.

Message Edited by marang on 03-10-2010 07:20 AM

Hi

I was more than pleased with my old 2Gb Sansa fuze and went for the bigger option but have had problems adjusting the volume. Where is the volume control on the settings. According to the instruction book it should appear somewhere between Brightness and Factory Reset. I am now going to experiment with the gain control. I have confused the resident computer guy in the office and the retailer has done his best too. I like to listen to spoken word pod casts and audio books, which I now have to turn the volume control to full to listen to and any serious back ground noise more or less kills the listening pleasure. I guess the next option is sound cancelling earphones but I hadn’t anticipated the extra spend.

Can we have more information regarding the current volumes adjust options please?

Can we have the old fashioned volume adjust control in Settings back please? 

If you people would just search through the forum, this has already been discussed quite often, including solutions.:wink:

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:07 PM

Agreed, TomJensen, on individual tastes on volume and shared grievance.

I still say there should be a sticky on this issue.  It seems every other day, somebody brings it up. 

ggin1

I believe Marvin's point was that as you know & state this is a very common subject of new posts. Common enough that there are a multitude of threads already here addressing the issue, reason behind it, and appropriate workaround.

If people would just spend a few minutes looking around before posting, they’ll most likely find the answer they’re looking for sparing themselves the ‘greivance’. They’ll be happy they found the answer to their question & we’ll be happy because the forum is less littered with duplicate posts. No empathy required.

Yes, maybe there should be a sticky on this, but it’s unlikely to happen. If there’s a street that has a 40 mph speed limit, and all of a sudden, to comply with a new law or ordinance the new posted speed is now 30 mph. The cops that have to enforce this new law aren’t going to tell you that you can still do 40 on this other parallel street 3 blocks over because it’s in a different city or county, are they? Same with SanDisk; I doubt whether they could officially recognize (‘sticky’ a thread) here on their forum revealing how to get around a limitation they were forced to implement in order to sell their product in a certain geographical market. And a pretty big market to boot.

If this were a non-company sponsored forum, then yes it would probably be alright. But since it’s not, people simply need to look for their answers (to this and any other problems) among the threads that already exist here. It’s not rocket science. All one has to do is read. That’s only common forum courtesy, besides getting the information you want a whole lot quicker. :smiley:

“Grievance”? :smileyvery-happy: Give me a break. I think I have a just cause for complaint. If not why do you think there are so many complaints about it? FYI, I have been searching for some time now for a fix and the so called fix just don’t cut it. You say sansa was forced to implement in order to sell their product in a certain geographical market. Well they could make different models of the fuze for different parts of the world. Apparently sony does.

To say if they make the volume too loud then you may go deaf is bs. Its my choice so please let me decide how loud I want it.

You know if you guys are tired of clicking on these volume threads, then don’t click. I say click because you have gave no answers. Is this something you do is hang around the sansa forums all day so you can “click” on a thread that’s been asked before then say “do a search”? If every question has been asked and answered then maybe these forums should be shut down. If you’re so bored that you have to click on these threads that you’re tired of “answering” then quit coming here.

Anyway, thanks for the “help” and sorry I have cause you grievance.:wink:

@marang

Yes, marang, I think you are absolutely right. It’s a perfectly legitimate complaint. And the so-called ‘fix’ is just plain bogus. Why, of course Sandisk should’ve done exactly as what Sony did. Why not release different models, Sandisk!!!

The deaf thing is total bunkum, I agree. I think it’s just a weak excuse for a weak product!

Yeah, and these jokers on these forums don’t know what’s what. I think they should just all shut up and let REAL ADULTS talk!

Now, don’t ya feel better already. Have fun with your next Sony. Hope they have a forum for REAL ADULTS like you to post your JUST complaint… Oh, wait, they don’t have one… Oops.

marang wrote:

“Grievance”? :smileyvery-happy: Give me a break. I think I have a just cause for complaint. If not why do you think there are so many complaints about it? FYI, I have been searching for some time now for a fix and the so called fix just don’t cut it. You say sansa was forced to implement in order to sell their product in a certain geographical market. Well they could make different models of the fuze for different parts of the world. Apparently sony does.

To say if they make the volume too loud then you may go deaf is bs. Its my choice so please let me decide how loud I want it.

You know if you guys are tired of clicking on these volume threads, then don’t click. I say click because you have gave no answers. Is this something you do is hang around the sansa forums all day so you can “click” on a thread that’s been asked before then say “do a search”? If every question has been asked and answered then maybe these forums should be shut down. If you’re so bored that you have to click on these threads that you’re tired of “answering” then quit coming here.

Anyway, thanks for the “help” and sorry I have cause you grievance.:wink:

My, my. :dizzy_face:

Ok, if you must be lead by the hand and shown the answer, read this thread, titled (ironically enough) Volume Level. It is one of many, and coincidentally is on the same front page as yours here.

I suggest you write your appropriate government agancy or representative to voice your concern. That is after all, the root cause for your complaint.

And apparantly Sony players cost much more too. :stuck_out_tongue: