Volume clips @ 3/4 setting

First of all, I am a little hard of hearing and I need max volume.  When I turn the vol. up almost the whole way, it clips and you can’t tell what the song is or who is singing it.  Move the slider to the half way point and the vol. stabilizes. What can I do to run vol. and almost max?  By clipping, I mean that the sound cuts in and out real fast.

Unplug your headphones, and then plug them back in but push Really hard. The Fuze has a tight headphone jack.

@scion30 wrote:

First of all, I am a little hard of hearing and I need max volume.  When I turn the vol. up almost the whole way, it clips and you can’t tell what the song is or who is singing it.  Move the slider to the half way point and the vol. stabilizes. What can I do to run vol. and almost max?  By clipping, I mean that the sound cuts in and out real fast.

Are you using the custom EQ? If you are, try usingthe EQ on Normal or Jazz…on those I can turn my volume all the way up without the clipping.

My does the same thing at a little over 50% volume regardless of equalizer settings.  Sandisk support had me reformat, upload the newest frimware, but it still happens.  Interestingly, doesn’t do it with Skull Candy headphones.

Tried using different cords to my stereo, guitar amp CD input and also the cassette deck in my wife’s car.  All start clipping around 50% output.  Very, very, very annoying!  Will try to run through a pre-amp and see if I can boost the signal without clipping.

I am now using my wife’s Ipod for the car and my guitar amp. Just use my Fuze for exercise with the headphones.