Vault has vanished

I’ve just tried to access my vault on my 8GB flash drive, but rather than just prompting me for my password as it has every other time (and only yesterday too), I got the pop-up asking me to create a new vault. I entered the same details as I had previously; password etc, as I though it could just be a case of the software missing from the PC I was using.

Now however, the new vault is completely empty. There is no sign at all of my old vault nor any of the files I had saved. (Thankfully my most used ones are still just in the normal area of the USB as I was editing them last night, so I’ve not lost my most important files.)

Please can someone tell me if I’ve lost all those files for good, or if there is a way to retrieve them, or even see if they’re still on the drive?

Many thanks

Cherie

2 weeks and not a single reply?

Thanks for nothing c****s.

Usually no reply means no one that has read your post has any suggestions or solution for you. This is a user’s forum, so familiarity with your issue is likely to be spotty.

Have you tried calling SanDisk Tech Support? It’s what they are trained and get paid for, after all. :wink:

Hi there, cherie. Has anyone, at Tech Support or otherwise, been able to help you? I’m facing the same situation here.

Thanks

@grraquino wrote:

Hi there, cherie. Has anyone, at Tech Support or otherwise, been able to help you? I’m facing the same situation here.

Thanks

It takes less time for you to make a call yourself than to post in an almost 3 month-old thread and wait for an answer (that probably won’t help your situation). :wink:

As a matter of fact, I have gotten in touch with the tech support, but they haven’t been able to help me so far. They were actually surprised and said they will have to talk to the software developers. While I wait, I thought it wouldn’t harm to ask someone who has had the exact same problem, would it?

Oh, and cherie, if you see this, your files are probably still there. Mine are. You can tell from the volume of the vault )file. If you haven’t yet, do not delete the vault. It’s “just” a matter of how to recover them. As soon as I have an answer, I’ll post it here.