This post is outdated. It has been continued here
Based on ewelot’s findings on this thread, I’ve done a little GUI app. which will let you convert your videos to a format readable by our beloved fuze.
You can download it here
It has support for a wide range of video formats (the same as mencoder, as it uses mencoder as a backend) and should work on all *nix systems (you’ll need wine installed) and windows.
It also includes a command-line version wich can come in handy for scripting.
The universal tar.bz2 archive requires python, mencoder, ffmpeg, PyQt4, PIL and on *nix wine
Please, let me know if it works on any non-Debian sid non-Windows XP SP3 system (the only ones i’ve tested so far).
* .pla playlist creation and edition for MSC mode! ATM it’s a basic implementantion, but I might polish it a bit. These playlists can have files from both the internal memory and the µSD. Thanks to Dunny for providing me with all the information I needed about the .pla/.pla.refs file format
* Video batch conversion capability, with advanced customizable options, and video thumbnail generation (.thm file) and huge input format support
* Image batch conversion & resizing, in order to be displayable and fit the fuze’s screen size, with huge input format support
* Fully translated into 3 languages (english, spanish, catalan). If you would like your language supported, read the end of the post
* Crossplatform: works on all major platforms, taking native look and feel ( I don’t have a mac, so it’s not tested on macosx, but it should work. Also, it won’t take macosx’s look and feel if you use qt4-x11(fink, darwinports) instead of qt4-mac)
* It’s free as in free beer and as in free speech.
* Updated copyright and license information in main script
* Bugfix: mencoder changing path work-arounded by creating a windows installer (Yes! I finally did it)
* Bugfix: Now unicode paths work on all platforms!
* Bugfix: Video thumbnails are now generatod for files with whitespace in its name
* Bugfix: Strange selection behaviour in playlist mode
* Bugfix: Now it displays thumbnails correctly
* Added playlist creation and edition capibilities. The playlists creted with v4f can have files from both internal memory and µSD card. Only tested in MSC.
* Added image preview in image conversion
* Some UI redesign.
* Now it makes .thm thumbnails of videos while converting (which adds a dependency on ffmpeg)
* Bugfix: working directory permissions, fix adapted from the one supplied by srtuct in the sansa forums. Only affects the .deb package (and converted packages).
* Updated .deb depencies in order to make it installable with the relatively new “wine-unstable” sid package.
* Some little changes in unicode string handling, hoping they would solve some problems, but without any effect so far.
* This version won’t load settings from previous versions.
* Bugfix: Now supports utf-8 paths in *nix (not on windows for some weird reason)
* Bugfix: Now it refreshes correctly the output path.
* Bugfix: Fixed whitespace basename error (you couldn’t convert files with whitespace in their name)
* mencoder command line no more hard-coded: you can now set it in advanced>preferences
* Major restructuration of code in fuze.py
* Changed default mencoder options, using the last suggested by ewelot
* Now it also supports image conversion!
* First public release
* In order to run video4fuze in vista and windows server 2008, you need to run it under Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode (this is a bug in avi-mux GUI that prevents it from launching in systems newer than windows server 2003). I guess you’ll have to use itunder XP mode in Windows 7
You can convert images while converting videos, as the video conversion will only gray out the “Video” tab. I comment this because it may not be obvious if you don’t know it…
More advanced playlist editing. Maybe ordering by tags and so on. It will add dependencies, though.
Every feedback is also welcomed
If you want it translated into your language and would like to help translate it, just tell me, it’s a very very easy process!
Message Edited by ssorgatem on 09-15-2009 02:45 PM
Message Edited by ssorgatem on 03-05-2010 06:19 PM
Message Edited by ssorgatem on 03-07-2010 05:31 AM