USB Ultra 3.0 Not shown in MyComputer

I recently bought “SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 16GB Pen Drive”. When i first plugged in the device to my usb port during the installation of the device driver, my system crashed with “blue screen error”. After i logged into the system and re-plugged the usb drive, it was recognized by driver manager but was not detected and shown in MyComputer.

I have tried few fixes but it didn’t solve my problem.

1. My PC is recognizing any other pendrive in both the usb ports (USB 2.0)

2. My “SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 16GB Pen Drive” is being detected and working properly when i test it in different PC.

Fix 1 (Failed) :

Uninstalling driver from “Device Manager”

Fix 2 (Failed) :

Assigning Drive Letter in “Disk Management”. 

Error as shown in windows event log :VDS Basic Provider  Error Code :

490@01010004

Fix 3 (Failed) :

Removing the registry keys( VID_0781 ) created on installation

Is there any other alternative available ?

:smiley:   Hi  Harshad,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

[  …my system crashed with “blue screen error”  ]

[  _ My PC is recognizing any other pendrive in both the usb ports (USB 2.0)_   ]

[  My “SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 16GB Pen Drive” i** s being detected and working properly when i test it in different PC. ** ]

Please, friend:

1-   Perhaps, bad hardware (USB 3.0 motherboard), USB 3.0 bad plug, etc. Check with an expert Technician.

2-   Meanwhile, see if it helps this tool, for general cleaning (portable app, free): CCleaner 1.15

3-   Maybe what happens, is that there a corrupt line in the registry/USB, that detects this UFD as “problematic”.

Then try with the tool (portable app, free): USB Flash Deview 2.30

4-    Also, the intensive use of USB ports, generates “USB junk” in the registry.
      Then, to clean easier the “USB junk”, you can use the tool (wXP, Vista, w7), (portable app, free):USB Scrub Cleans 1.00

5-    If you can, _use System Restore. _
      Try a day before this event, this should be a “critical checkpoint” in the list.
      It’s as good as “ast known good configuration”.

Error Code 490@01010004 - Search: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Search/result.aspx?q=Error+Code+%3A+490%4001010004&x=10&y=6

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)

:smiley:    Hi  Harshad,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

[  …my system crashed with “blue screen error”  ]

[  _ My PC is recognizing any other pendrive in both the usb ports (USB 2.0)_   ]

[  My “SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 16GB Pen Drive” i** s being detected and working properly when i test it in different PC. ** ]

Please, friend:

1-   Perhaps, bad hardware (USB 3.0 motherboard), USB 3.0 bad plug, etc. Check with an expert Technician.

2-   Meanwhile, see if it helps this tool, for general cleaning (portable app, free): CCleaner 1.15

3-   Maybe what happens, is that there a corrupt line in the registry/USB, that detects this UFD as “problematic”.

Then try with the tool (portable app, free): USB Flash Deview 2.30

4-    Also, the intensive use of USB ports, generates “USB junk” in the registry.
      Then, to clean easier the “USB junk”, you can use the tool (wXP, Vista, w7), (portable app, free):USB Scrub Cleans 1.00

5-    If you can, _use System Restore. _
      Try a day before this event, this should be a “critical checkpoint” in the list.
      It’s as good as “ast known good configuration”.

6-   Error Code 490@01010004 - Search: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Search/result.aspx?q=Error+Code+%3A+490%4001010004&x=10&y=6

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)

You can probably check disk management and look for an “unknown disk” and start from there.