Upgraded The CLIPS Firmware - Wife is MAD ...

OK …

I upgraded my wife’s CLIP firmware.

The upgrade took without any issue [or so I thought].

Her comment?

What happened to the ‘SANDISK’ text the ‘explodes’ when she turns it on?

It has been replaced by the Sandisk circular spinning logo.

She tells me it wasn’t broken, so why did I fix it?

Can I downgrade back to an older version of the firmware to please here?

S.O.S.   [Save Our Sansa]

Yes, it’s entirely possible to downgrade your firmware, but you’ll have to do a manual install. The Sansa Updater software will only install a newer version. It won’t install an older version or reinstall the same version.

Do you know what the previous firmware version was? You can use the forum Search function to try to find a link to the old version, then follow the instruction in the “sticky” topics at the top of the Clip board to do a manual install.

SlotCAR wrote: 

Newlywed, are you?  This may be just trivial fun.  On the other hand, you may be at a crossroads issue (cave now, and it’s all over).

I think it would be really cool if they would allow you to chose different startup screens actions etc!

How about a combination, The Explosion and then the spinning logo… Try watching that it woud be trippy!

@jj2me wrote:

SlotCAR wrote: 

Newlywed, are you?  This may be just trivial fun.  On the other hand, you may be at a crossroads issue (cave now, and it’s all over).

Hmmm - “Cave now” and face an eternity of compromise …

I do agree with her though, the ‘exploding’ Sansa text was quite impressive upon power-up.

I like the old logo better too.  but there are reasons to upgrade the firmware.  it fixes bugs and adds new features.