Downgrade Clip back to version 01.01.18F

Hi,

Recently I upgraded my beloved sansa Clip 2GB with 01.01.35F Firmware. Is there a possibility that I can downgrade again to the original version 01.01.18F? Where do I find this firmware, couldn’t find it on the forum here…

Yep, easy to do.  A great source:  http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22669.

Why would you desire to roll back to the .18 release?  Mind you, the Sansa can run any released firmware via a simple operation.  You can roll forward or back to any version desired.

I’m curious.  Have you run into any difficulties/

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

One reason I came to this forum is that my Sansa Clip was upgraded to the latest standard recently. Since then the podcasts I tend to listen to have become so quiet they are nearly unlistenable on headphones. The software volume control has also been removed so I can’t turn them up. Playing them through my Denon stereo the volume is about 60% compared to 25% before. Is this bowing to the “quiet” police? I’m going for the downgrade.

– 

John Wright

Take a look at this thread:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=23384

The hi-lo volume option still is there, under the U.S. and Worldwide regions.  Simply Rest All under the Clip’s Settings and set the region to U.S. or Worldwide, or reapply the firmware and do the same.

It’s more the overall-feeling of the new firmware. First the soundlevel was too low. Solved that by resetting to America.

Problems still there; I cannot see what’s in my Music file. File says empty while there’s still 2gb of music in there. Further: cannot see what the status of battery-charging is. Plus there’s the overall feeling that the sound is not as good as with 01.01.18F… Did Sansa change something there?

I’ve not found the old 01.01.18F firmware on this forum or elsewhere. I did find 01.01.18A; if I install this and put my settings to Europe, will it become a F version? I saw that happening while I solved the soundlevel “problem”?

Why does Sansa not provide a page where everybody can pick the firmware version they want/liked best?

Kwiebel wrote:

It’s more the overall-feeling of the new firmware. First the soundlevel was too low. Solved that by resetting to America.

EU compliance added in this last firmwre release. Don’t blame SanDisk; it’s your government.

Problems still there; I cannot see what’s in my Music file. File says empty while there’s still 2gb of music in there.

Updating firmware will revert the player’s settings back to the default, including the USB mode. If this happens to be the opposite of the mode you used to transfer files to the player in, then your coputer can’t see them. Go into Settings > System Settings > USB mode and change it back to the way it was before the update.

Further: cannot see what the status of battery-charging is.

Are you talking about while it’s connected to your computer? If so, that option is only available in Properties while the player is connected in MTP mode. And yes, I believe it’s static now. It does not change in real time.

Plus there’s the overall feeling that the sound is not as good as with 01.01.18F… Did Sansa change something there?

Yes, they made the sound quality better by fixing the slow playing or ‘pitch’ bug that irritated so many users.