Sansa Clip 01.01.18A Firmware Download

Hi!

Looks like a new firmware is out, and I’ve gotten it uploaded to an ftp. Below is a copy and paste with the instructions from the last thread, modified for the new firmware version.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Hi there, apparently there is a different firmware for Americas in Europe. Below I have edited the post for the different versions. If you’re in Europe and you downloaded my firmware update previously for Americas, feel free to download the European one linked below.

For AMERICAS - You can download the zip file by clicking on this link.

For EUROPE - You can download the zip file by clicking on this link.

The instructions SanDisk gave to me said to extract the zip file into a folder on your computer. Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Clip.

Disconnect the Sansa Clip and let it restart. The firmware update will now begin. Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will boot back up. Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” > “System Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 01.01.18A.

Congrats, you have just installed the latest firmware!

Message Edited by ekaj on 12-14-2007 10:34 AM

Thanks again Jake.

How long should it take?  After I disconnected it said Firmware Upgrade in progress for about 5 minutes.  So I held the power button up and turned it off, then restarted and the screen came up again saying it was still in progress?  Any ideas here?  Would it matter the first time that I disconnected the button was accidentally on hold?

Message Edited by JREwing on 12-03-2007 04:06 PM

Firmware upgrade should take less than one minute.

If you can connect in MSC mode,  I would try to reformat the player an reattempt the download.  Can you check the battery level?  It wont upgrade if the battery is low.  You might try to connect to a AC adapter / USB charger.

Message Edited by sansafix on 12-03-2007 04:16 PM

Jake and all,

The bin file you are hosting is a test / diagnostic code version.  Please rename the file to m300a.bin

Ok I will attempt charging it up first, I just got a new one and hadn’t completely charged it yet. 

However from your last post, are you saying I should rename it to M300a.bin before reattempted the drag it into my root directory again?

yes

Fixed.

Thanks SansaFix.

OK well I charged and renamed the file and tried it again with the same result.  I didn’t format it before hand however.  I’m using Mac OSX, is it possible to format w/i OSX?  If not, how exactly do you format it with an XP computer?   Thanks for the help.

Thanks Jake.

The Firmware Updater won’t work on my computer so your posts are the only way to get the new firmware in my Sansa Clip.

sansafix, I was wondering what changes were made for this firmware update.  Thanks

See my thread announcing the release for the changes.

To format in XP,  connect the device in recover my  (Hold switch on ,  press and hold center button)

Navigate to My computer and fin the Sansa Clip drive.

Right Click the device and select “Format”

unplug the device and hopefully it can boot.

While you are on the XP machine,  you should drag and drop the m300a.bin file to the device and it should upgrade.

You guys are the BEST!! I am so happy with this clip and with the support you guys are providing.  SanDisk will always be my first stop if this keeps up.  I can FF and Rewind the long files now!! Thanks for the Fix!

You can format the Clip without attaching to any computer.  Navigate to settings - format -confirm-yes.  Then try the drag/drop firmware upgrade again.  Remember to rename the file to m300A.bin before dragging to the Clip, and be sure your battery is fully charged before the upgrade (and the format) also.

sandisk IS awesome

i’m very impressed with their turnaround time and listening to our requests, such as MSC and even my complaint of re-adding the rewind feature of rewinding past a song’s beginning, to the previous song’s end.

i still want lower minimum volume but i can wait for that with using mp3gain for now.

I can see that sansafix is being very careful not to indicate support for anything other than XP. However, I updated the firmware using my Mac with no problem.

I formatted the Clip using the device itself, plugged it into my Mac, then dragged the .bin file to the Clip’s root directory. I then unplugged the Clip and the upgrade took place.

I’m using Mac OS X 10.4.11 and a Powerbook G4.

My Updater also doesn’t work (think it is because I use a proxy server for my internet). There should be an option to configer an proxy.
The firmware should also recognize if the clip has an integrated radio because my hasn’t but the menu entry is there and quite annoys me.

Message Edited by fischtaucher on 12-14-2007 06:29 AM

TO fix the problem you need a different region code.

For EU models with no FM,  please rename the firmware to “m300e.bin”.

Next drag and drop the firmware to your devices root,  and upgrade it as usual by unplugging.

Presto - no FM on the menu.

@fischtaucher wrote:
My Updater also doesn’t work (think it is because I use a proxy server for my internet). There should be an option to configer an proxy.
The firmware should also recognize if the clip has an integrated radio because my hasn’t but the menu entry is there and quite annoys me.

Message Edited by fischtaucher on 12-14-2007 06:29 AM

Hey there fischtaucher, try downloading the European version that I uploaded earlier today. It is in the top post  that was edited or you can click on this link.

m300a.bin m300e.bin
sims differ only in name.
It’s the same version of firmware.

D:\SOFT\Sansa>fc /b m300a.bin m300e.bin
Comparing files m300a.bin and M300E.BIN
FC: no differences encountered