Sansa Clip firmware deinstall

Hi,

Is there any option to deinstall the firmware of the Sansa Clip ?

I have the firmware version 2.x.x.x. But I want to install the 1.x.x.x version of the frimware.

Is this possible ?

Best Regards,

Treqq

Treqq wrote:

Hi,

Is there any option to deinstall the firmware of the Sansa Clip ?

I have the firmware version 2.x.x.x. But I want to install the 1.x.x.x version of the frimware.

Is this possible ?

Best Regards,

Treqq

It is not possible.

You can install a compatible firmware version over another firmware, thereby “de-installing” the first version.  The “1” versions and the “2” versions of the Clip’s firmware are for different hardware configurations of the Clip, however–you would not want to do that.  You would want a different firmware for your Clip’s hardware configuration.  See the firmware upgrade sticky at the top of the forum.

But there’s must be any way to get back to the original firmware…!! I mean… if someone upgrade there  must be a way to Downgrade to the original one…!! WTF…!! it happened to my clip… I’ve upgraded to an invalid firmware. My clip works, but no FM…

Did you read the post directly above yours?

And an archive of firmware for the various Clip players can be found in the relevant threads here

@skeleto wrote:

But there’s must be any way to get back to the original firmware…!! I mean… if someone upgrade there  must be a way to Downgrade to the original one…!! WTF…!! it happened to my clip… I’ve upgraded to an invalid firmware. My clip works, but no FM…

Yes, there is.

What happened to your Clip?

A V1 player simply will not accept the firmware for a v2, and vice-versa.

More likely if you have no FM after updating the firmware, you selected a wrong setting in the Regions options. Reset the Factory Settings and re-select a different region.