Updated file saved (twice) to SecureAccess protected directories but only old files are there

This is probably an irrevocable loss but it makes me very insecure using SecureAccess so I thought I’d run it by the group and see if it has happened before.

Yesterday I spent quite a lot of time working within a text file with sensitive information in it. I was adding new material and updating some previous information. I saved it to the original directory and then copied it to another secure directory within the SanDisk SecureAccess protection.

Today I went to access and use that data and only my prior files are there. The copied file is there with yesterday’s date but its data doesn’t show all my work from yesterday.

I would swear I’ve done is this way before; when I was finished with my editing, I used file>save in the notepad window. Now I’m wondering whether that maybe doesn’t communicate with SecureAccess. But where *did* it save it to?

And what should I have done to save the file?

Help, ideas, even sympathy will be most appreciated.

-H.

Did you Safely Eject the flash drive when you were done?  If not it is possible the file was still in RAM to be written.

when I was finished with my editing, I used file>save in the notepad window. Now I’m wondering whether that maybe doesn’t communicate with SecureAccess.

You can not use an app to write to the vault. You save the file on a writable drive, hard drive or the flash drive, then use SecureAccess to write it to the vault.