Update firmware with Mac How??

I have been trying to upload firmware ( having a mac) but the only file I can find is an exe.file. But some folks have been talking of a zipfile. But I haven´t found it.

An .exe file is just a ‘self-extracting’ .zip file.

When i click on the file I just get funny letters.  like this ÚNÏ<`πr �&Ç∑%"c”/√S$‹‡¿≠v˜(ˇÉáP4@Û.6ÙãH¯NÃö}Òâ,â8v—Åk^H¸3„?E´Pr∏,G¯h≈sü
√, RmæɬrMb≈EE¯É8™4j|”Ï„j¸QÇ"9ãË›Ó{&3‚¶ Pã
Ü‹êS”⁄5Ôfl⁄Xüè≤xˇs†ã¢±√›Qê"�{ˇê¶-~ÙÙÌ·Ω¯�vÉyëÆBêË{eÑíA˜–Õ∆∞#X(µªw~§™Sˇ€ŒUÅ¿9?
l∏‡âQk˚≠∂_ŸVâä5¯$Jã»˙¸øµ≠˚W÷ãâ[√?MÛbÙÙt3ãÑ≈°{    _å0∑üπœ?tjÅû∏ˇ–8Îæ,tüù˝ÅEÓ¥;QsQìñfOÇ:w¬˛˛flu
K∂QÖ“uÿÎ0Î.›=öˆMòH[B∂tmÉΩàvÏïÏy
Xø¯ûfi*_Ag,…V_ˇ5™x0<é6flâ
fiáüÇ
o€∞!∏Ø%G$    [
)>ˇÜeܺä&

follow the instructions posted in the sticky firmware update thread. if you dont have it you will need stuff it to open the zip file. 

I did but the zip file won´t downlod. Anyway I thought that an firmwareupdate would recover my vanished music.

I did a discheck and got this

the disck must be repaired ** Phase 1 - Preparing FAT
** Phase 2 - Checking Directories
Invalid long filename entry for volume label
Remove? no
Remove? no
** Phase 3 - Checking for Orphan Clusters
76 files, 1969336 KiB free (492334 clusters)

and after repair this ** Phase 2 - Checking Directories
Remove? yes
Remove? yes
** Phase 3 - Checking for Orphan Clusters
79 files, 1969324 KiB free (492331 clusters)

***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
But everytime i cjek the disc it starts all over  again with the same error.  Propably I have to formatt andagain regret that I didnt spent the money on an Ipod instead.

format and reload will probably fix your issue. dont think ipods are trouble free my friend just do a quick google search and you will see many many people have issues with their ipods just like any other device. 

The zip file w/ the firmware image is in the 2nd link, below the “Sansa Updater” link. Get the correct version (1.x or 2.x) for your player. The .exe is for the Updater probably, and won’t work on the Mac. Follow the instructions to manually update the firmware.

Not sure what the Mac check disk does, but if you’ve used it to modify stuff on the Fuze FAT, then yeah, your music on the Fuze may be zapped. Use the Fuze’s own formatter, not the Mac’s.

I can only agree. If you have a Mac, an iPod (in whatever flavor) is better. The headaches Mac users incur more than offsets the cost difference, IMO. Sometimes folks get a little ideological and insist this or that is always the best, but it’s all relative.