Ultra luxe excessive hot

hi. I bought Ultra luxe 32GB USB flash darive. Right adter I connect it to one of my ports, it get extremely hot up till you are not be able to touch it with your fingers. I don’t know if it should get hot or not, I am worry i will damage my PC’s ports.
Is it OK it’s getting hot like that? I had flash drives before and they weren’t get so hot

It depends on how much reading/writing to it is occurring.

An option to keep it from burning your fingers or the port is to use a USB cable to attach it to the port.

I’d like to jump in here too. Recently ordered a SanDisk Ultra Luxe 32GB USB 3.0 Drive for a new Ryzen 5 build to create a windows 10 USB boot disk. By god this thing gets hot!

I chucked a tv season on it the other day 20gb, took it 7 minutes to copy it across (so no complaints about the speed!) but when I came to remove the drive it was so hot it was uncomfortable to even pull it out the port.

I do worry it could easily melt a USB port on my PC.

A USB extender cable would help relieve your worry.

It is time for a new USB cable.

That logic makes no sense and is moronic…

I had a 256gb “go” version USB drive before this one and it NEVER got hot.

The fact this model gets hot even a little bit is very very concerning.

i have the 128gb version and it gets hot without doing anything just an antivirus auto scan while it scans it is normal temrature but when it ends ( it takes about 10 seconds to scan ) after 5 minutes without doing anything to it it gets too hot that could butn my fingers or the usb ports

i will try this solution

:+1: