Trying to let the Clip play Folders

Hey,

I got my Sansa Clip+ today and i like it but i have a problem with playing my music folders:

I want to play my Music in the Folders i have it on my Pc. Well no Problem for the Clip+ but i want to switch to the next folder or album when one folder is played to end.

Any Suggestions how to do this? Always handled it like that on my Creative Muvo :( 

looking for help. I would really appreciate it. 

@raido23 wrote:

Hey,

I got my Sansa Clip+ today and i like it but i have a problem with playing my music folders:

I want to play my Music in the Folders i have it on my Pc. Well no Problem for the Clip+ but i want to switch to the next folder or album when one folder is played to end.

Any Suggestions how to do this? Always handled it like that on my Creative Muvo :( 

looking for help. I would really appreciate it. 

As you’ve observed, even though the Clip+ has implemented folder browsing, once an album or folder selection ends, the device stops and eventually shuts off. I’ve been using a kludgy workaround to keep the music coming. 

Assuming your music is organized by Artist\Album\Song and you want to play all of a particular artist’s albums: in folder mode, scroll to artist, click select, then scroll to the particular artist you want to listen to then click select. Now click on Play All. The Clip+ will now start with the first track on the first album and continue through the last track of the last album.

If you only want to listen to a few of this artist’s albums, once you have clicked on Play All and the music starts, go back into the track listing and scroll down to the first song you really want to listen to and click Select. Now the Clip+ will start playing that song and will continue playing through the rest of that artist’s albums until it reaches the end or until you stop it. Not very elegant, but it does keep the music playing.

In my file system I name the albums with the year they were issued, for example 1994 - Absolute Definitive Most Bestest Ultimate Anthology. So when I Play All under a particular artist, the albums will play in chronological order. Fun stuff. :slight_smile: