1. What operating system (OS) are you using? (Windows, Mac, Linux, ???) - Windows
2. What version of OS are you using? (Vista, XP, Ubuntu, Redhat, OSX 10.4, ???) - XP
3. What service pack do you have installed? – Service Pack 2
4. What version of firmware does your Fuze have? – V01.01.11A
5. What version of Windows Media Player do you have? Version 10
6. What are the steps you are doing? I’m attempting to synchronize my WMP Playlists to my Fuze. I am following the steps outlined in the used manual (1) Create playlist in WMP (2) hook Fuze up to computer (3) Setup Sync to manual (4) Select WMP playlist to synch (5) start synch.
7. What do you expect to happen? – I expect the WMP computer Playlists and their contents to show up on my Fuze the same way they show up in Windows Media Player – ie: The name of the playlists are the same, and the contents (songs in each playlist) are the same. I then expect the Fuze to play all of the songs synchronized to it. In other words, I expect the Fuze to be a mirror image of the computer’s WMP playlists.
8. What is actually happening? – The playlist titles are NOT transferred when I manually synchronize a particular playlist. Instead, only the songs are transferred. So, for example, after synchronizing the first playlist (Electronica), most (but sometimes not all) of the songs are transferred to the Fuze. But, the playlist (Electronica) is not created. Instead, the songs just show up in a general pool of songs. When I manually transfer the second playlist (Acoustic Guitar), the same thing happens – some but not all of the songs are transferred, but not to a created playlist. Instead, the songs are added to the same general pool of songs as the first playlist. This happens every time I manually synchronize the Fuze. In addition, when I attempt to play some of the songs that are successfully transferred to the Fuze, they are stuck on pause, and no amount of pushing the pause/play button will cause them to begin playing. If these “paused” songs are encountered by the Fuze when play a list of songs (“Blues” for example) the Fuze skips those songs, and plays the next “non-paused” song.
9. Any error messages - No.
I have 394 songs loaded (it should have loaded 625), with 4026MB free. All 625 songs I am attempting to load (with approximately 10 exceptions) are purchased MP3 titles from Amazon.com.
To summarize – (1) All of my MP3 titles will not transfer to the Fuze (2) none of my playlists will transfer to the Fuze, just some of the songs (3) some of the songs that show up on the Fuze are stuck in “pause”, and pushing the Pause/Play button will not take them out of “pause”.
So, is my Fuze defective, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for the help.