Transferring music files via Mac OS X Snow Leopard to sansa clip+

I want to transfer music by two methods:                           

1) Transfer music from Amazon cloud to mp3 player

2) Transfer music from CDs to mp3 player

I do not want to first download to my computer if possible.  Rather download directly from the cloud and the CD.

I have connected the sansa to the computer but all functions on the mp3 player are inoperable and the mp3 screen displays: “connected.” flashing continuously.

I have an Mac OS X Snow Leopard computer and Sansa clip+ 4GB.  I will appreciate any help on this.  This is my first time working with an MP3 player.   ErnieH

@ernieh wrote:

I want to transfer music by two methods:                           

1) Transfer music from Amazon cloud to mp3 player

Don’t know if this is possible as I’m not in any cloud. My guess is though, it could be pretty slow.

2) Transfer music from CDs to mp3 player

Not possible at all. You must first ‘rip’ the CD’s on your computer to a format (like .mp3) that the player can read. Then you can simply drag & drop (copy & paste) from wherever you’ve stored it on your computer to the player.

I have connected the sansa to the computer but all functions on the mp3 player are inoperable and the mp3 screen displays: “connected.” flashing continuously.

Yes, this is the way they work. When plugged nto a computer, the player makes a ‘data connection’. All player functions are disabled. This is not the case with an AC charger though; you can charge and listen at the same time.

I have an Mac OS X Snow Leopard computer and Sansa clip+ 4GB.  I will appreciate any help on this.  This is my first time working with an MP3 player.   ErnieH

With any Mac, it’s important to know you must use MSC mode on the player. This allows your Mac to see it as any other ‘dumb’ storage medium or drive. The other USB connectivity mode, MTP is a Windows thing and designed for ‘syncing’ with Windows Media Player. Never use the Auto Defect mode.

I greatly appreciate your help on this.  I searched Google more than once and couldn’t come up with a solution.  I was getting desperate.  Many thanks!