I received a fuse as a gift, recently. Nice little device except for one, rather serious issue: It does NOT order the tracks correctly, i.e. according to the track numbering tags (ID3v1 or ID3v2.) I’ve read numerous other posts in these forii and the concensus seems to be that you need to make sure encoding is set to ISO-8859-1 (latin-1) and that the fuses preference is for ID3v2.4. I’ve done all that, but to no avail. It still wants to order the tracks in a way that is not the correct order. Curiously, it seems to be ordering them the same way, regardless of how I edit the tags, so it’s almost as though it’s taking it’s ordering info from somewhere else. It is NOT shuffling the tracks at all. Rather, it starts out with the first five or so in correct order, then skips five or so, then next five or so being in correct order, then skips more. The skipped tracks appear toward the end of the list, again in correct order with their little group of five or so.
Before this player I had a Creative Zen that used ID3v1, and ID3v2 tags. It wasn’t picky at all. Worked great for five years. The only problem with it is that it has an internal hard drive so I can’t use it in situations where it’ll be subject to sudden movement (e.g. running.) But, otherwise, it did all that I wanted. This fuse, while a nice little solid-state device, doesn’t do the one thing that, to me, is critical – play the tracks I put on it in correct order. I’ve spent hours trying to get this right, fruitlessly.
I hope someone at SanDisk is reading these. This product FAILS because of this one point. Fix it, please!