Track sorting order problem

Hi all!

After a week of Fuze usage I encountered the problem with sorting order in Artist>Album selection.

In MP3Tag the tracks for an album look like this:

But when playing on Fuze (Artist>Album selection) the result is:

The last four tracks are listed first on the Fuze.

I tried to copy the files in different order manually (one by one, first copy the track #1, then #2, etc… at last, copy #17), tried to retag them using ISO-8859-1 (see the Sansa clip thread), but nothing helped.

Would thankfully appreciate your suggestions if something’s wrong with the tags, or I’m doing something wrong.

PS Sorry if it was discussed previously - just failed to find any solution, though I looked on these forums.

Although things do appear to be correct in MP3Tag, it’s very possible that there are multiple tags that are old leftovers. The Fuze could be then be reading data from the wrong ones.

Try changing the settings in MP3Tag under Tools => Options => Mpeg to have it delete all other tags and have it set to only write just the ID3v2.3 ISO tags. Then run your music ablum thru MP3Tag and save it again. Hopefully that will fix things for you.

Othewise, I have no idea why they are not coming out in the correct order on the Fuze because in the image you posted everything appears to be correct.

It (your player) seems to be listing your ‘teen’ numbered tracks (14, 15, 16, etc.) before your 01, 02, 03 and so on.

I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but I notice your file path indicates your album folder is titled (2007) Libertad. You might try deleting the year (2007), so the path is simply **R:\MUSIC\VelvetRevolver\Libertad**. I’m thinking that somehow the number in the path might be screwing it up.

There were some people some time ago that I believe confirmed that numerical information in the file names or track titles caused the Fuze to act weird, but the issue was corrected when they changed & spelled out the numbers with alpha characters (Example: 98 degrees vs. Ninety Eight degrees or 3 Doors Down vs. Three Doors Down). This may be totally unrelated, but it won’t hurt to try and see if it makes a difference.

Sorry everyone for bothering - it was my mistake. I just relied completely on MP3Tag, which, as it turns out, doesn’t show Disc# (or at least I didn’t find where it is shown). So, after reading your suggestions and trying to look into tags more thoroughly (in Winamp), I found that the last tracks just have no Disc# specified, while others have have it as “1/1”. So, the tracks without a disc number were listed first in the Fuze list.

After setting Disc# as “1/1” to all tracks, everything is OK.

Thanks everyone for attention and suggestions!

@fix6661 wrote:

Sorry everyone for bothering - it was my mistake. I just relied completely on MP3Tag, which, as it turns out, doesn’t show Disc# (or at least I didn’t find where it is shown). So, after reading your suggestions and trying to look into tags more thoroughly (in Winamp), I found that the last tracks just have no Disc# specified, while others have have it as “1/1”. So, the tracks without a disc number were listed first in the Fuze list.

After setting Disc# as “1/1” to all tracks, everything is OK.

Thanks everyone for attention and suggestions!

Ah, that Disc# stuff can create problems.

By default, MP3Tag does not display a disc# column (because it is seldom used or needed). It’s easy to change what shows up in MP3Tag though. Just click on View => Customize columns. From there you can enably or disable a large number of things for it to display, including to have it show a column for Disc#.

Glad you found the solution to your problem.