To delete ALL the music.

I had my computer reformatted and now I have Windows XP instead of Vista

Against my better wishes.

And ever since then, Ive been having little problems in using my Sansa.

First It would NOT charge it up for ANYTHING! And when I finally got it to charge, it would freeze up on me until the battery went dead and Id have to try it again.

I finally got it to add files on my Ipod but It doesnt show any of the music I have on the Sansa on the Computer.

It shows a blank…But when I add music files to the blank folder, It comes on my Ipod like it should. But I can see no past music I put on prior.

I want to Delete all the music and put fresh songs on there…But I have loooots of music…How do I delete them all without doing it one at a time?

There should be no meaningfull difference between XP/Vista when it comes to managing your Fuze.

Your player probably is in MTP/Auto mode, and you would need to manage it using Windows Media Player.

If you can’t be bothered to delete the single files (and can’t figure out how to do them all at once) and want to get rid of all of it, you can always format the player (and then put it in MSC mode for manual management in Windows Explorer)

Good luck!

You can Format all the music away under Settings.

The Fuze has two modes: MSC (works like a thumb drive) and MTP (works with Windows Media Player). Before you get drastic and format, try switching USB Mode in Settings. 

First thing, since your computer is downgraded to XP, is your WMP up to date?  The fuze needs to work in either WMP 10 or 11.  When you use WMP, your player has to be in MTP mode. 

Second, if your fuze isn’t properly communicating with the computer, it’ll kick up a fuss and refuse to charge.

Third, if you’re looking for your music that has been placed on it in one mode, MTP, you will not be able to see them on your computer if your player is in MSC mode, and vice versa.

Mags is right. The Windows Media Player in XP is WMP 9. You need WMP 10 or 11. You might also do well to just run Windows Update and get everything else up to date. It could take a while–do it overnight. 

format it…

Black-Rectangle wrote:
(edit)

You might also do well to just run Windows Update and get everything else up to date. It could take a while–do it overnight. 

Or Kittyn could have the person who made her downgrade to XP do it…:wink:

A liitle OT, but in my humble opinion, going to XP from Vista would be seen as an UPgrade :wink:

@belgarum wrote:
A liitle OT, but in my humble opinion, going to XP from Vista would be seen as an UPgrade :wink:

from wikipedia:

The term upgrade refers to the replacement of a product with a newer version of that same product. 

but you said that is just your opinion…  :smiley:

@belgarum wrote:

Agreed…100%

In the case of Vista, newer was not better for many, many users.

Vista is a nightmare of bloated, processor-hogging graphics and user-hating security settings. XP runs faster and is far less likely to stop you from using your own computer.

Vista is widely considered a Micro$oft failure, which is why Windows 7 has been so eagerly awaited by people who hope Micro$oft might learn from its mistakes.

At least one manufacturer I know of, Fujitsu, packaged its Vista computers with recovery disks to allow users to install XP instead, because even while M$ was forcing manufacturers to include Vista, users found out pretty quickly that XP worked better. Netbooks run XP because Vista is such a drag on resources. 

Yes, the bubbles are cute. But not cute enough to make Vista worth the trouble. Hasta la…Vista…

Vista is a flashback to Windows ME

Why would anyone take a post from someone using the expression ‘Micro$oft’ serious anyway? Are you saying it’s bad for a company to make money?

Netbooks run XP because they are underpowered technology.