The unknown folder

Why do some of my mp3’s end up in the players unknown folder? My tags are perfect and I got the latest firmware.

might be this problem

It seems that gabe565 has the same problem, but the thread you linked to didn’t seem to come up with an solution to the problem, neither for him or me. Thanks anyway!

@truckfighter wrote:
Why do some of my mp3’s end up in the players unknown folder? My tags are perfect and I got the latest firmware.

Maybe v2.4 tags? See this

Nope, that’s not the problem, Mp3tag says “ID3v2.3 (ID3v1 ID3v2.3)”.

Which Unknown folder is it - genre? artist? album?

Artist, album, and genre. The song titles are correct tough.

Do the title, artist, album artist, or album name etc. have any foreign-language (unicode) characters?  Use of those characters can result in unknown folders.  I’ve had to change several names to ASCII to fix this problem.

Nope, it’s just plain simple english. :frowning:

You might try removing of the v1 tags.  The only tag format and encoding that works reliably right now is ID3v2.3 ISO.  v1 and v2.4 tags and the unicode endcodings (UTF) can cause problems.  I only use ID3v2.3 ISO and have no problems with tags on the Fuze.

Nope, that didn’t do it unfortunately. Weird.

Are you using MSC or MTP mode?  I use MSC, but I read that sometimes MTP mode can be stubborn about updating the internal DB correctly.  I don’t remember the exact procedure to force a complete DB refresh in MTP mode, but I’m sure you can search for it or someone else might remember.

That didn’t do it either. Some day I will form a band called Unknown and release a album called Unknown.

Can you post one of the iffy tracks somewhere?

Post? Like in sharing? No, that’s illegal I’m afraid.

Sorry to disappoint you truckfighter. There is already a musician called “Unknown”. As far as i know, he haven’t released an album or a track called “Unknown”.

@sm1 wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you truckfighter. There is already a musician called “Unknown”. As far as i know, he haven’t released an album or a track called “Unknown”.

Unknown has not released an album or a track called UNKONWN, but There are seveal other groups that have. This post may only confuse the problem. But I also thought it may add some humor.