I found the solution to my own problem.
In each audio album, the ‘Contibution Artists’ field had to be identical.
For example in a sampler album, changing this field in all the songs to ‘Various artists’ results in one single album instead of multiple ones.
I used Mp3tag from Mp3tag.de. It would have been easier to read the above field and the ‘Album artist’, swapped the two and wrote them back in a program. But I couldn’t find the (VB6) code to read both tags on the Internet. So I did it manually.
I consider this audio problem a programming mistake. I don’t see for whatever reason this SanDisk app should be rudimentary (as Tom wrote). This app is their product!
Without using the SanDisk app, the Media Drive is useless.
Realplayer and It’s Playing are crap. They do nothing for audio, video (ts or mpg) were playing jumpy.
I converted the video’s to mp4, using Handbrake.
One final word about the Media Drive. The Internet connection through the device is clever.