The M250 just "skips ahead" after powering back on!

After powering off my Sansa M250 and then powering back on later:

1.  The M250 just “skips ahead” in the Audible audio book approx 1 minute.

2.  I am not changing any settings or browsing through the recordings when this happens.

3.  I have to rewind to get back to the original spot when I turned off the M250.

4.  I have updated to the latest firmware.

5.  I can’t find a FAQ that address why the Sansa is “skipping ahead” after being turned off, and then back on.

Please help.

Thanks.  Jeff

what if you pause it first? maybe its playing the one minute of track while your trying to turn it off.

I do pause it before shutting it off.  I have tried everything that I can think of.  I have sent in a tech support request almost 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing from Sandisk tech support.

Maybe I have to RMA this device?  I wanted to try to fix the problem in the event it is a user error or firmware issue…?

Is Sandisk known to have poor customer support?  Thanks.

Whats the current firmware on your player?  A firmware upgrade may help and avoid the delays inherent in an RMA process…

jringle wrote:
I do pause it before shutting it off.  I have tried everything that I can think of.  I have sent in a tech support request almost 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing from Sandisk tech support.

Maybe I have to RMA this device?  I wanted to try to fix the problem in the event it is a user error or firmware issue…?

Is Sandisk known to have poor customer support?  Thanks.

Sandisk has exceptional customer support, especially when you have to RMA a device.