That the heck - strange way to get files on something

I thought that I could just drag and drop music into the folders on the Fuze.  Apparently the Fuze is a bit of a Win Media Player addict.

There are a lot of posts on creating playlists.

Come on…it should not be this hard!!!  

When I can view the files in a windows exployer, the Fuze should also recgonize them.  But apparently not.

Errrrrr!!! :angry:

@urdrwho wrote:

I thought that I could just drag and drop music into the folders on the Fuze.  Apparently the Fuze is a bit of a Win Media Player addict.

There are a lot of posts on creating playlists.

Come on…it should not be this hard!!!  

When I can view the files in a windows exployer, the Fuze should also recgonize them.  But apparently not.

Errrrrr!!! :angry:

Ok… Slow down and explain what you are trying to do. You dont have to use any software to add files. But you do in order to make playlists. If you are trying to make a playlist by putting all the files you want into a folder and putting them on the fuze, it wont work. Explain exactly what you are trying to do and we will try to help you.

Yes I was trying to make a playlist.

I have some of my own recordings in a folder named me.  The Fuze doesn’t like to keep them all in the me folder.  It puts them in a folder named…unknown.  So I thought if I have a playlist I could put them all in that playlist.  I did a drag and drop of the folder me into the playlist.  The Fuze doesn’t recgonize them.

Also I did a re-sync of all songs and now all the album art is gone on the Fuze.  It is in the folders on the HD and when looking at the folder, the folder will show the album art but the Fuze is a no show.

I don’t want to update the Media Player past 10 but from what I read MP11 works better at syncing.

@urdrwho wrote:

Yes I was trying to make a playlist.

I have some of my own recordings in a folder named me.  The Fuze doesn’t like to keep them all in the me folder.  It puts them in a folder named…unknown.  So I thought if I have a playlist I could put them all in that playlist.  I did a drag and drop of the folder me into the playlist.  The Fuze doesn’t recgonize them.

Also I did a re-sync of all songs and now all the album art is gone on the Fuze.  It is in the folders on the HD and when looking at the folder, the folder will show the album art but the Fuze is a no show.

I don’t want to update the Media Player past 10 but from what I read MP11 works better at syncing.

Ok this is easier than you are making it to an extent. You are using mp3 format I assume? download a program called mp3tag Here. What you are trying to do is navigate based on folders which the fuze does not do (Right now they are working on it). Instead it navigates by id3tags embedded in the files. So using mp3tag you can eaisly edit the tags on all your files to inlcude album art, song title, artist, and album. When it comes to the songs by youjust set ME in the Artist name and what ever you want for the other stuff (Album and title). Then delete everything from the fuze, and go to your music on the computer highlight what you want, right click> copy then go to the music folder on the fuze and paste. Or if you really like WMP sync as normal. You dont really need a playlist.

Ok, I’ll give it a try.

I upgraded to MP11 and that helped with syncing of my files.  Now onward to make a play list.

Oh, MP11 sync kept everything in the ME “folder” on the Fuze.  

Thanks

Right but it will still be UNKNOWN on the Fuze.