albums and playlist

If I have complete albums in my player and I want to hear a variety of my music in my albums, but not all of them, do I need to make a playlist on my pc and transfer it to my player? If I do that will I have duplicate songs?

I also have a lot of single songs on my pc that I have downloaded in the past. I have songs from the same artist in a folder, when I drag that folder or sync the songs to the fuze, it seperates them and doesn’t keep them under the same name. Example; I have 15 Janis Joplin songs from differant albums all in one folder under Janis joplin, but when I copy them to my Fuze under one name, they are all over. I cannot get it to have all my janis songs under “Janis” in my albums.

thanks

@nightowl wrote:

If I have complete albums in my player and I want to hear a variety of my music in my albums, but not all of them, do I need to make a playlist on my pc and transfer it to my player? If I do that will I have duplicate songs?

Either that, or just turn Shuffle ON. If done correctly, you should only end up with the playlist ‘file’ on your Fuze, not additional copies of the song files.

I also have a lot of single songs on my pc that I have downloaded in the past. I have songs from the same artist in a folder, when I drag that folder or sync the songs to the fuze, it seperates them and doesn’t keep them under the same name. Example; I have 15 Janis Joplin songs from differant albums all in one folder under Janis joplin, but when I copy them to my Fuze under one name, they are all over. I cannot get it to have all my janis songs under “Janis” in my albums.

thanks

The Fuze does not read according to file or folder structure. It reads & sorts the info in the ID3 tags embedded in the song files and therefore displays this information in its various listings. So unless you want to modify or ‘edit’ the ALBUM field in all those Janis Joplin songs to reflect the same album, they will be displayed under whatever album they originally were released on (according to the ID3 tag info).

If you drag & drop you can ‘arrange’ your songs in whatever file/folder hierarchy you want if that system is more convenient for you. But realize the Fuze will still read/sort by tags, and this is how you will have to find things in the Fuze’s menu listings. If you ‘sync’ using WMP, it may create the Artist/Album/Title hierarchy system spreading them all over again (also based on the ‘tag’ info).