Syncing for the first time

It is taking forever, is this a one time thing or does it always take this long? In one hour it has only gone 18%

How much are you trying to sync?

6000 songs.

@siclmn wrote:
6000 songs.

Wow. Do I gather correctly that you are doing them all in one big sync? I think I would have broken that into smaller increments, but regardless, that would take quite a while.

It’s going to take time to fill the empty unit. Once you have all your songs on it, synching will only take the time needed to change songs, not load all of them again.

@siclmn wrote:
6000 songs.

You either have an awfully large player . . . or excruciatingly low AM radio quality bit-rate files!:dizzy_face:

@tapeworm wrote:

@siclmn wrote:
6000 songs.

You either have an awfully large player . . . or excruciatingly low AM radio quality bit-rate files!:dizzy_face:

Very true…I wasn’t going to bring that up, but I suspected somebody would. :wink:

I am having sort of the same problem.  I just purchased my new Fuze and plugged it in.  I started to sync it and it was working great until i tried to update my rhapsody program and it had to close the program, thus stopping the sync.  I tried to sync it again, and it said it was transferring 1 of 430 to the fuze.  It has not moved in over eight hours.  I have tried shutting down the fuze and my computer, and nothing seems to have worked.  What do i need to do?