Synchronizing Podcasts

This is probably a simple question for you guys, but my generation played 78 rpm records on a crank-up Victrola.  I need help, this technology is foreign to me – but I love it.

I have a Sansa Clip and I enjoy listening to Podcasts.  So far I’ve been using my computer directory for dropping the podcasts I’ve collected with iTunes into the Clip and deleting them when I’m through with them.  Someone told me it is possible to use a program that will automatically load new podcasts to my Clip AND delete the old ones.  Is that true?  If so, what program are they talking about.

Thanks,

Frank 

the program is called MediaMonkey

MediaMonkey… Thanks, I’ll give it a try. :smiley:

There’s also a program called Juice that neutron_bob likes that seems to do the downloading & deleting automatically. Here’s one of his recent posts on the subject.

Ive used both.  I find Media Monkey is better in that you can set it up to Auto Sync the podcasts in MTP mode to the player according to your rules.  Juice was not as good for automatically syncing to the player at least in MTP mode.  Bob may enlighten us if theres a way to do this in Juice.

Hey there folks!

Juice works well for me in MTP mode (I run Rhapsody and Audible, so MTP mode is my choice).

Media Monkey functions as a standalone application, but Juice is designed to simply populate your chosen media library, be it iTunes, Windows Media Player, or Winamp.

The cleanup feature, used in conjunction with auto sync, works very well.

Running MTP, the application even transferred each podcast’s “album art” to the Sansa.

I haven’t tried the application, but I believe saCaster also has a standalone podcast aggregator.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: