Easiest Way to Synch SansaClip

I’ve used an iPod and iTunes for a long time, so I’m used to the ease and flexibility of synching the iPod. I recently purchases a SansaClip, and I really like it, but I’m finding the synching a bit cumbersome. I’ve tried both Windows Media Player and RealPlayer, and neither seems particularly easy. Is there an easier way to sych music, podcasts, audiobooks, etc. using the Clip?

1. For musics, the easiest way is drag-n-drop songs into “music” folder of the device. If you want a playlist, you have to use wmp or others…

2. Audiobooks, you need AudibleManager to sync them to you device. If their extention is .wma or .mp3, you can sync or drag-n-drop.

3. If you want to get free musics from Realplayer, Rhapsody,…, you have to use their software

Good Luck

dpd wrote:

I’ve used an iPod and iTunes for a long time, so I’m used to the ease and flexibility of synching the iPod. I recently purchases a SansaClip, and I really like it, but I’m finding the synching a bit cumbersome. I’ve tried both Windows Media Player and RealPlayer, and neither seems particularly easy. Is there an easier way to sych music, podcasts, audiobooks, etc. using the Clip?

Why do you find Windows Media Player to be more difficult for syncing your Clip, than iTunes is for syncing your iPod? 

One thing I don’t like about iTunes is that it doesn’t monitor your music folder and automatically add/remove songs to/from your library.  Which is something that WMP does.

Personally I prefer MediaMonkey.  Syncing is very easy.  Once you setup the way you want to sync your Clip ( right-click on Clip in MM and select “Properties” ), from then on, all you have to do is right-click on the Clip and select “auto-sync”.  You can even set up MM to automatically sync your Clip when it’s connected to your PC.  Too easy!

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 03-03-2008 02:35 PM

Thanks for the help.

On your recommendation, I downloaded Media Monkey, and I must say it looks like a great program. However, I’m having problems getting it to synch my Clip. I’ve got my library set up, playlists are organized, but when I go to “Synch Device” and I select the Clip from the list, the bottom of the Media Monkey flashes, but the device doesn’t write. It just stays in the “Connected” mode. The library includes 1.5 gb, so there should be plenty of room on the Clip. I’m not getting any warnings about what I’m trying to do. Any idea why I’m not able to synch. I did a Format of the Clip before I started this, so it’s empty.

dpd wrote:

On your recommendation, I downloaded Media Monkey, and I must say it looks like a great program. However, I’m having problems getting it to synch my Clip. I’ve got my library set up, playlists are organized, but when I go to “Synch Device” and I select the Clip from the list, the bottom of the Media Monkey flashes, but the device doesn’t write. It just stays in the “Connected” mode. The library includes 1.5 gb, so there should be plenty of room on the Clip. I’m not getting any warnings about what I’m trying to do. Any idea why I’m not able to synch. I did a Format of the Clip before I started this, so it’s empty.

A few possibilities:

1. After selecting the Clip from “Sync Device” menu, you then need to select “Sync Device” from the “Sync Device” menu (if that makes sense).  In other words, selecting the Clip from that menu just makes it the device that will be synced, but then you have to actually sync it.

1. Before attempting to sync, did you actually specify what is supposed to sync to the Clip?  You do this by right-clicking on the Clip’s entry displayed in the Music Explorer tree, selecting “Properties”, and then selecting the items you want to sync on the “Auto-sync list” tab.

1. This shouldn’t make a difference, but I’m using MediaMonkey V3.0.3.1140.  There is also a version 2 which many people use … version 3 was released very recently.

2) Before attempting to sync, did you actually specify what is supposed to sync to the Clip?  You do this by right-clicking on the Clip’s entry displayed in the Music Explorer tree, selecting “Properties”, and then selecting the items you want to sync on the “Auto-sync list” tab.

That did it. I wasn’t checking the items I wanted to synch in the Properties window. Pretty stupid, I know.

I appreciate your patience and willingness to help me with this.

dpd wrote:

2) Before attempting to sync, did you actually specify what is supposed to sync to the Clip?  You do this by right-clicking on the Clip’s entry displayed in the Music Explorer tree, selecting “Properties”, and then selecting the items you want to sync on the “Auto-sync list” tab.

That did it. I wasn’t checking the items I wanted to synch in the Properties window. Pretty stupid, I know.

I appreciate your patience and willingness to help me with this.

Actually I’m surprised it didn’t just attempt to sync your entire library.  That should be the default if no subset has been specified, IMO.  Anyway, glad I could help!