MediaMonkey and podcasts

I currently use itunes to sync with my ipod. I would also like to sync my Clip, using Media Monkey with my podcasts only. I have selected the podcasts in Media Monkey and added them in to my Clip, but they do not sync.

I do not want Media Monkey to download new podcasts simply to sync the chosen podcasts already downloaded using itunes.

Anyone successfully done this?

Thanks

@empire wrote:

I currently use itunes to sync with my ipod. I would also like to sync my Clip, using Media Monkey with my podcasts only. I have selected the podcasts in Media Monkey and added them in to my Clip, but they do not sync.

I do not want Media Monkey to download new podcasts simply to sync the chosen podcasts already downloaded using itunes.

Anyone successfully done this?

Thanks

If you make sure the podcasts are in MP3 form and not m4a, then you can simply drag and drop/copy and paste them directly into the Clip…no MediaMonkey required.

I’m OK using the drag and drop but was hoping to automate the updates somehow. I listen to about 10 podcasts each day and really wanted to update the podcasts in itunes then use Media monkey to sync them with my Clip automatically.

@empire wrote:
I’m OK using the drag and drop but was hoping to automate the updates somehow. I listen to about 10 podcasts each day and really wanted to update the podcasts in itunes then use Media monkey to sync them with my Clip automatically.

If you already have MM, it would be worth trying to use it to download the same podcasts…would make everything much easier to automate. When I switched from iTunes to MM for my podcasts, I was able to find almost all of them. But for what you are asking…I think you would need the paid version of MM, that would automatically monitor folders and update. With the free version, you would have to use the add/rescan tracks to your library to add the podcasts to MM first, and only then be able to sync them. That’s why I think “select all”  and then drag and drop would be just as easy. 

But again, you have to make sure they’re not in an Apple only format beforeyou transfer them. iTunes and MM can both do the conversion. I have one that each time it loads in, I use MM to “convert to new destination” (which is my Sansa) , from m4a to ogg vorbis(because I have the free MM and cant convert to MP3) .

Thanks Marvin, that’s great. Just what I wanted to know.

@empire wrote:
Thanks Marvin, that’s great. Just what I wanted to know.

Glad I could help!

Hey, I use MM to automatically sync my podcasts with my Clip.

How to do it: 

Enter the configuration of your Clip within MM: There is a tab “Auto Sync List” and a sub-tab called Podcasts. Select the podcasts you want to sync. 

Then go to the last tab (Device configuration ?) and enter the following path: \Podcasts\<Album>\<Titel>

In the second tab select: Sync device when connected.

There is a tab for the auto converter, but I suppose you won’t need to change something in there.

Have fun!

It’s a pitty that playcount is not enabled, so podcasts you already listened to won’t be deleted… but you can configure it to delet old podcasts etc.

This config works great for podcasts but what about Music, Playlists, and Audiobooks?
Won’t they all end  up in the /Podcasts/ directory on each sync?