suggestions for getting another e200....

Hello everyone-

Some backstory here: I recently had an e280 up until last November, when I happily gave it away to a friend as a birthday present (and last I heard, she’s enjoying the heck out of it). Now, 7 months afterward, I kind of miss it. Not that I’m experiencing seller’s remorse. But I was just wondering if anyone in the forums here have suggestions for purchasing an e200 relatively inexpensively. Many thanks…

Glenn

2 words . . .

E-Bay

Or Amazon, or Google shopping. I understand that most being sold are v1. You can email and ask the vendor what version it is - sometimes they don’t answer, of the ones who do most say “I don’t know,” of the remaining after that, three quarters say “v1,” and the remaining minuscule portion say “v2.”

I have located three e280 v2’s this way (knock on wood, as one was ordered today and is in transit, so I’m not *positive* about that one yet). The two I’ve gotten so far are really v2 and work fine.

If you care why I did this strange thing, consult the two threads here that mention a clock radio…

My advice would be to hurry, as v2’s have gotten scarcer and prices have been going up just in the month I’ve been dealing with my problem by buying more v2’s.

Heck, if you don’t care if it works with docks and clock radios, I have one I’d sell you.  (After I get the one on order and verify that it really is a v2 and works with the dock and clock radio…) 

Message Edited by vncoffman on 06-22-2009 04:26 PM

I just got a refurbished e250v1 from tigerdirect.com.

@tapeworm wrote:

2 words . . .

E-Bay

uhhhh, ebay is one word because there is no space or anything between the letterse and b.

@nissanskyline wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

2 words . . .

E-Bay

uhhhh, ebay is one word because there is no space or anything between the letterse and b.

Check with Lost & Found, maybe they have your sense of humor…

:wink:

@gwk1967 wrote:

@nissanskyline wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

2 words . . .

E-Bay

Ha! 

@gwk1967 wrote:

@nissanskyline wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

2 words . . .

E-Bay

Aww, give the kid a break. A sense of humor develops with puberty. :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, I’m doing this, I’ll admit, mainly to keep myself from spending yet more money on e280’s and accessories.

I received my last e280 v2 today. Brand new! Not refurb! With a lanyard and the little velvety pouch! (Why the refurbs come with earbuds, which you can get anywhere, and a data transfer cable, which you can get almost anywhere, but not a lanyard - which is impossible; I’ve tried! If not impossible, I’m happy to be corrected, as I want two more - is beyond me…)

Anyhoo, it works fine, lasts a long time (I hope… ;-> ) and works with the dock in the family room. So now I have two clock radio/e280 combinations that work, a dock/e280 combination that works, and the original insane e280 that will not play nicely with any accesories whatsoever. Antisocial, I guess you could call it.

Soooooo, what do I think of next but “gee, I’d like another e280 and a dock for the living room stereo.”

Nooooooooooo! Somebody stop me! (I wouldn’t mind an mp3 player for the living room stereo, but a) I’m out of money now and b) hopefully Sandisk will come up with a dock for the newer, higher capacity players.)

So, here’s where I got the brand new e280 v2:

From CLSALES:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A132A19ILLL9HG

Here’s a place that just emailed me that they had more refurb e280 v2’s (I had bought one from them previously):

http://www.sansaworld.com/players

Here’s another place I bought a refurb v2 from (DealBarn) that says they are expecting to receive more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A1QVF3UZ1DR0YU

They’re just sitting there waiting for me to buy them - please, save me from myself…! ;->

Message Edited by vncoffman on 06-26-2009 04:19 PM

@vncoffman wrote:

They’re just sitting there waiting for me to buy them - please, save me from myself…! ;->

There’s no saving you now. You’ve got a fever, and the only cure is MORE SANSA!  

(my apologies to Chris Walken…)

Heh.  Only if somebody gives me MORE MONEY…!  ;->