Sensa e280 broke. Should I get it fixed?

Someone (definitely not myself) dropped my Sansa on a floor and now it does not turn on.  It comes on when connected to my computer or to a charger, but the on/off button does not seem to work.  Is it worth it to get it fixed (4 yr old).  If so where can I get it fixed.

1. There’s no place that 'fixes these things. the labor cost wold exceed the price to buy a new one.

2. It may just be that the impact dislodged the battery inside from making contact. Remove the 4 small screws on the back and the back plate will come right off. The battery just sets in there like some cel phone batteries. Take it out and see if the copper contacts are bent or broken. If not, just try re-seating the battery and giv’er a go! You may get lucky.

3. Worse case scenario? If you really like the e200 series, you can usually pick them up on eBay for good prices. There are a lot of refurbished units for sale there, but sometimes you’ll find brand-new ones. I’ve gotten lucky a few times. You can alsp consider the e200 series replacement, the Fuze if you like the video capability; or the latest & greatest, the Clip+ if only audio is your bag. It comes in an 8GB configuration and now has an SD card slot so you can plug in a 16GB card too. It’s a sweet little machine. And I do mean little! Think 1/2 of the size of your e280. :smiley:

1. There’s no place that ‘fixes’ these things (except for refurbers in bulk). The labor cost would exceed the price to buy a new one.

2. It may just be that the impact dislodged the battery inside from making contact. Remove the 4 small screws on the back and the back plate will come right off. The battery just sets in there like some cell phone batteries. Take it out and see if the copper contacts are bent or broken. If not, just try re-seating the battery and giv’er a go! You may get lucky.

3. Worse case scenario? If you really like the e200 series, you can usually pick them up on eBay for good prices. There are a lot of refurbished units for sale there, but sometimes you’ll find brand-new ones. I’ve gotten lucky a few times. You can also consider the e200 series’ replacement, the Fuze if you like the video capability; or the latest & greatest, the Clip+ if audio only is your bag. It comes in an 8GB configuration and now has an SD card slot so you can plug in a 16GB card too. It’s a sweet little machine. And I do mean little! Think 1/2 of the size of your e280. :smiley:

Thanks.  I tried that and it worked for a couple of minutes and then I can’t turn it on again.  So I guess a new machine is in my future.

bittermelon wrote:
Thanks.  I tried that and it worked for a couple of minutes and then I can’t turn it on again. 

Well, that at least is encouraging . . . did you try a reset after this? Hold the power button down for 15-30 secs. Release and see if it will start up normally.