Does anyone Know where i can buy brand new Factory sealed E200 Mp3 players?

Does anyone Know where i can buy brand new Factory sealed E200 Mp3 players that are not to expensive? Thanks

I’ve seen them at Bestbuy every now and again.
Is the Sansa Store out?

Check Radioshack, etc…

I have not seen them at the best buy stores near my home. But i am not 100% sure the sansa store sells them brand new. Is it safe to assume they are brand new? Radioshack only sells the fuzes, and the view.Thanks

The store site doesn’t indicate the e200’s are recertified/refurbished, so you can assume they’re new. It would be unethical (and possibly illegal) for them to sell refurbs without making their condition clear.

BTW, the only e200 in stock is the e250 (2GB). The other models have been “backordered” for ages. The e200 series is officially discontinued, so I don’t understand why they don’t remove the other models from the store page. The larger-capacity models will NEVER be back in stock unless someone discovers a misplaced crateful in a warehouse or something.

http://electronics.shop.ebay.com/items/iPod-MP3-Players__new-sansa-e280?_catref=1&_dmpt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&_fln=1&_sacat=73839&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

I agree, if they are refurbished, then it should state that fact on the items description. Thanks for the link. I will purchase the ones on the sansa store website.Thanks

Why would you want an E200 instead of a (smaller, lighter, better sound quality, plays FLAC and .ogg, folder navigation) Fuze? The only advantage to the E200 is a user-replaceable battery.

I want them for collection purposes> Also they are rockboxable. I prefer using the e200 series anyday. I dont like the fuzes’s user non replaceable battery.What do you think? Thanks

@black_rectangle wrote:
Why would you want an E200 instead of a (smaller, lighter, better sound quality, plays FLAC and .ogg, folder navigation) Fuze? The only advantage to the E200 is a user-replaceable battery.

And Rockbox. :wink:

OK, Rockbox gives you microSDHC, FLAC and ogg playback, folder navigation, which are now in updated Fuze firmware.

I understand the urge to tweak, but practically speaking, what are Rockbox’s remaining advantages? 

the games, the applications and all of the settings you can adjust.Also the battery works a little longer.What do  you guys think?

@black_rectangle wrote:

OK, Rockbox gives you microSDHC, FLAC and ogg playback, folder navigation, which are now in updated Fuze firmware.

I understand the urge to tweak, but practically speaking, what are Rockbox’s remaining advantages? 

-It allows you to use the microSD more like the v2: you can put movies onto the microSD (or microSDHC) cards. :wink:

-You can change the screens. Infinitely- there are plenty of user-made “themes” and fonts and background images, or it’s not terribly hard to make your own.

-“Car Mode.” I have my Sansa plugged into the cigarette lighter. When I turn car on and power hits the Sansa, it resumes playing the exact spot of my last song, at the same volume level, then when power is gone it pauses and turns off after a user-determined amount of time.

-sleep timer. Listen to tunes and it shuts off when I want it to.

-record radio or microphone straight into mp3. (which is 10-20x smaller than .wav files?)

-mpeg movies. Never use Sansa media Converter again. IF YOU DON’T WANT.

-You STILL HAVE the “Original Firmware” (OF), just a button-press away! You can still change the boot-loader so it loads either one by default, and you just hold a button for a second or two while it powers up to use RB or OF…

Ah, those are definitely good capabilities to add.  Mp3 recording is immensely more practical.

I never use the video, but I know it’s a PITA for many people, and if Rockbox fixes it, that’s great. 

Thanks for the explanation.

@black_rectangle wrote:

For audiobook listeners, bookmarking is much better with Rockbox than it is the with the Fuze firmware (unless Sandisk has improved it recently).  Also: games, themes, more recording options, to name a few.  I wasn’t aware you could browse by folder with the Fuze players now.  That’s a nice touch.

Last I heard (fairly recently) CLSALES had new e280 v2’s.  I bought one from them, and it was in fact a factory-sealed new e280 v2.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-e280-Player-Black/dp/B000HZ9CCA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&m=A132A19ILLL9HG&s=generic&qid=1246635796&sr=1-6

Says they’ve got only one left. 

Thanks for the info.I am sure there are more out there

There are lots of e200’s, but v2 is fairly hard to find.  I must admit that I inqured only about the lower-priced ones, though.  Some people listing them for sale appear to think they are made of gold.

I know what you mean. I think it has to do with its reproduction. to simply put it, these are not available everywhere and many people still like the quality the sansa e200 series have to offer. I am one of them. I have bought many of the sandisk sansa mp3 players to say the least. I have the view,the e200 series, the fuze, and the clip. But i like the e200 series far better than any of the other models.(Especially because of ROCKBOX!) Since there are only a few of the sansa e200 series in the market that are brand new and not refurbished, it is safe to say that these fall under the category of supply and demand.

Same here on the e200 series being the best.  The only one of the newer ones I am even considering is the Clip - but I have no money left…!  ;->

Another vote fo the e200 series. I think it’s twice the player the Fuze is, with the exception of the improvements SanDisk has made through firmware updates (like OGG & Flace support, folder browsing, etc.). If these enhancements & bug fixes (song & playlist limits, etc.) were incorporated into the e200, it would blow the Fuze away!

I don’t know who designed the Fuze, but they could have (and should have) used some of the tried & true features of the e200 unit, instead of attempting to ‘re-build the wheel’.

I like the Clip too; although I don’t own one. If video and/or album art aren’t important to you, it can’t be beat. I just wish there was room for a memory card slot. It’s just so ‘limiting’ the way it is.