Strange volume behavior

Here is my scenerio:

I use my Clip with custom EQ setting and then power it down. Start it back up and (sometimes) the volume is then really

low, so I go to the EQ and move from custom to a predefined (without choosing it!) and the volume jumps back up to normal (custom setting).

this does not happen very often (2nd time in two weeks) and is really not that big of a deal, any ideas?

David

Message Edited by davidk on 03-14-2008 10:52 AM

@davidk wrote:

Here is my scenerio:

I use my Clip with custom EQ setting and then power it down. Start it back up and (sometimes) the volume is then really

low, so I go to the EQ and move from custom to a predefined (without choosing it!) and the volume jumps back up to normal (custom setting).

this does not happen very often (2nd time in two weeks) and is really not that big of a deal, any ideas?

David

Message Edited by davidk on 03-14-2008 10:52 AM

There’s another thread that talks about this… here

Is it possible that you didn’t save the custom eq settings, then it got switched back to the previous settings after shutting it off?  If you don’t click the center button to save the new settings, it’ll go back to the original settings.  I think I’ve done that a few times, and it made the volume seem lower after I got used to the new settings.  I thought I experienced the same problem, but now that I think about it, I’m not sure if it was the Clip or me not saving the new settings.  I’ve kept mine set on custom eq for a while, and haven’t noticed it doing lately.  Maybe it was me…:neutral_face: