Strange model number on back of my new Fuze

Just got a new Fuze.  8GB.  Yippie.

Being new and 8GB you’d expect a silver model which it is but the model sticker on the back confuzes me.

B** I09030BLAK-8GB**

BLAK?  I thought the only black 8GBs were refurbs.  Perhaps its just a random series of letters that just HAPPENS to hint at something else.  I’ve dumped nealy 8GBs of music on there to test out the capacity.  Seems fine so far.  Any thoughts?

BLAK does not mean 'black"   my 2 GB black one ends in AXVK

Just a strange coincidence?

The letters are only a production sequence.  Kind of kool yours says blak.  When the 8GB first shipped, silver was available in the US market, and I was jealous that my favorite black ones had been shipped to Europe.  I love the Klavierlack look of a black Sansa.

The heavy metalflake is very shaggadelic, baby.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

The letters are only a production sequence.  Kind of kool yours says blak.  When the 8GB first shipped, silver was available in the US market, and I was jealous that my favorite black ones had been shipped to Europe.  I love the Klavierlack look of a black Sansa.

The heavy metalflake is very shaggadelic, baby.

The black Fuze is metalflake? That’s bogus…my black Clip is just black! Metalflake black would be much cooler.

No, just the silver one.  I have been searching for a photo that shows the metalflake detail, and I found one (wish it was clearer) right here on the forum:

The black one, “piano lacquer” black, is glorious deep black, no metallic.