Static over songs when in sleep mode?

Ive had this player for a bit of time & ive had another in the past that had much more love and bought this one as a replacement but totally forgot about it after maybe a few weeks of use. I picked it back up today and every time it goes into sleep mode (or whatever its called when the screen goes black) it starts playing this kind of static/crackling over the music im listening to. I couldnt find any info on this specific topic so apologies if this question has already been asked but i have no idea how i can fix this!! Its very irritating and i listen to music almost 24/7 so i prioritize battery life & i dont exactly want to have my screen on all of the time. Does anyone know the root of this issue/if its fixable??!

Hi @juliet,

Please refer to the below steps to select system setting options, follow these steps:

1. Select Settings from the Main Menu.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Customize the player with the following options:
  • Sleep

This option turns the player off automatically after a defined period of playback time.

1. Select Sleep.
  2. Press the Previous or Forward buttons to select desired playback time before
    power off (None to 120 minutes). The player will not enter the sleep mode if it is
    set to None.
  3. Press the Select button to confirm the choice.

For more information please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask