Songs skipping on Sansa Fuze

Help!!! I am having problems with songs skipping on my Sansa Fuze like a scratched CD!! They are MP3 and WMA format and both kinds skip.  Audio books play fine, but music will not.  what can I do to fix this?

Are you sure the headphone plug is in all the way? When the player is new, the jack is very tight, and a bit of force is needed to get it in all the way. It will loosen up a bit with wear.

Yes I am sure. I can listen to my audio books just fine.  try to move to the music and they all skip. go back to the audio files and they are fine. it’s very frustrating!!

The audiobooks are probably mono. Try taking my advice and pushing the plug in with a bit of force. When my Fuze was new I had this problem until I realized that I needed to use a bit of force to get the plug all the way in.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=31928&query.id=29328#M31928

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=36478&query.id=29372#M36478

Message Edited by JK98 on 06-21-2010 01:51 AM

Sewpurple wrote:
Help!!! I am having problems with songs skipping on my Sansa Fuze like a scratched CD!! They are MP3 and WMA format and both kinds skip.  Audio books play fine, but music will not.  what can I do to fix this?

Are you ripping these yourself from the CDs? Probably just a bad rip. It happens. Try re-ripping (maybe using something else than WMP) 1 or 2 tracks and see if it improves. Could also be a bad CD drive. They do wear out.

Are you downloading your music? From where? Sources like limwire and the like are undependable (as well as illegal); you might be downloading corrupted files.

Maybe with some details about what you’re using to rip and at what bit-rate setting, or where you are getting the files from someone here will see a potential cause.

Sewpurple wrote:

Are you ripping these yourself from the CDs? Probably just a bad rip. It happens. Try re-ripping (maybe using something else than WMP) 1 or 2 tracks and see if it improves. Could also be a bad CD drive. They do wear out.

Are you downloading your music? From where? Sources like limewire and other file-stealing sharing sites are undependable (as well as illegal); you might be downloading corrupted files.

Maybe with some details about what you’re using to rip and at what bit-rate setting, or where you are getting the files from someone here will see a potential cause.

Sewpurple wrote:

Are you downloading your music? From where? Sources like limewire and other file-sharing stealing sites are undependable (as well as illegal); you might be downloading corrupted files.

I did that already, and I still get the same results.  Still skips through the music.

I’ve ripped them, yes and with other players they are fine, i’ve even had other Sansa players and didn’t have any problems. I’ve also downloaded some, illegal or not, I’ve paid for these and have my paper trails. Is there a specific bitrate they need to be? Mine are 192 or above.

I read through some others posts with the same problem, and someone suggested trying several different earphones, so i tried a different set, and Thank God my Sansa Fuze is playing music correctly with these!  Thanks for all your posts!!!

That’s really weird! I’ve never heard of headphones that will play audio books perfectly, but choke on music files! I guess they didn’t agree with your taste in music, huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL Me either but I’d tried everything else so I figured, why not?  They must be Deamon Earphones!! Because my music of choice is Gospel!!!