Shuffling between Internal memory and external memory SD card

Does the Sansa Clip+ shuffle between the songs on the internal memory and the external memory SD card; or are they considered different as far as playing the songs stored on the internal and external SD card? I have 4GB Clip+ with a 8 GB external SD card. Does that make 12GB total? Or do I need to switch from internal to external manually to hear songs loaded on external SD card?

@dohar9 wrote:

Does the Sansa Clip+ shuffle between the songs on the internal memory and the external memory SD card?

Yes.

I have 4GB Clip+ with a 8 GB external SD card. Does that make 12GB total?

In theory, yes. In actual pracitce though it will probably be closer to 10.75 to 11GB.

Or do I need to switch from internal to external manually to hear songs loaded on external SD card?

No. the player will play from both memory locations seamlessly when using Shuffle mode.

Note that the recorder only records to the internal memory, not to the external card.  Also, you can manually search for songs/files using an optional folder view, in which case you would be browsing your external and internal memory folders separately (just like on a computer)–there separately is the regular database view, with all files integrated.

Thank you, just what I wanted to hear:smileyha: