Seeking in audiobooks

Is there a faster way to jump to a specific time stamp of an Audible audiobook and holding down the |>> or |<< button? One thought I had was to pull up the bookmark file in wordpad while connected to PC and edit the time stamp but that file appears to be encrypted as I open it in wordpad and it just have a few symbols and numbers that don’t seem to mean anything. Please advise. Thanks.

Hi @dxmux ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask

As an avid audiobook enthusiast, achieving efficient seeking is vital for an immersive experience. Seamless navigation among chapters truly amplifies the joy of listening. The ongoing discussion on this topic is encouraging, reflecting our collective desire for enhanced audiobook journeys. Meanwhile, A Research Guide serves as my trusted learning companion, providing strategies that help me excel academically while staying engaged with my passions.

Navigating to specific time stamps in Audible audiobooks can be a bit tricky, especially if the built-in controls like the |>> (fast forward) or |<< (rewind) buttons aren’t giving you the desired precision. Unfortunately, directly editing the bookmark file as you mentioned won’t work due to encryption.

However, there are a few alternative methods you could try:

1. Audible App: If you’re using the Audible app on a mobile device, you can try tapping on the progress bar while playing an audiobook. This often reveals a slider that allows you to quickly jump to a specific time in the audiobook.
  2. Using a Different Player: You could consider transferring your audiobook to a different media player that might offer more advanced navigation features. Some third-party audiobook players offer more precise navigation controls that could help you reach your desired time stamp faster.
  3. Contact Audible Support: If you’re looking for a specific time stamp that’s related to content within the audiobook itself, you might consider reaching out to Audible’s customer support. They might be able to provide guidance or suggestions based on your needs.
  4. Use a Computer: If you’re playing the audiobook on a computer, you might be able to use keyboard shortcuts for fast-forward and rewind, which could potentially give you better control. For instance, using arrow keys in combination with the Ctrl or Shift keys might allow you to skip in smaller increments.

Remember that the ease of accessing specific time stamps might also depend on the specific device and software you’re using to play the audiobook. It’s always a good idea to check the user manual or online resources for your particular audiobook player for any hidden features or shortcuts.

Keep in mind that the functionality of audiobook players and apps can change over time, so it’s a good idea to explore the options available to you within the app or player you’re using.

For God’s sake! Please tell us how to change the position in the .POS file!